Dear 27: Say Something

Can you hear me when I cry in desperation?
Nothing comes along with my expectation
How much pain and ache you're feeling?
Breathing?
I gotta change this situation

- Adult Suit

"What...h-how did you get here that fast?" I asked after Taka freed me from his warm embrace.

"Does it matter​? What matter is, I'm here now. For you." He smiled faintly while caressing my face.

I shouldn't asked him about that. My goodness, he is Takahiro Moriuchi. He can make the impossible, possible.

"I'm inviting myself in. It's cold outside." Yeah, right. It's almost past midnight and he's a gatecrasher. He held my hand after closing the door, and pulled me on the couch.

"Y-you shouldn't be here. I mean, you and the rest of your bamdmates should be practicing for your two-day Nagisaen gig."

"You worry too much, Yuki Hime. I have a round trip ticket.  I'll go back to Japan at around 8pm later. I just want to be with you right now. Don't afraid to shed tears in front of me. I know what you are feeling."

I smiled at him and nodded. "I need to be strong. For them. For my friends. For myself. I don't want to blame God for taking my parents that fast."

He took my hand and kissed it.  "That's my girl. We're here for you, Yuki Hime. Never forget that."

I bit my lip and gulped. Tears started to cloud my eyes. "Taka?"

"What is it?" He wiped the tears again.

"Can I have a Moriuchi hug?"

"Sure, my lady." He pulled me closer and I once again enveloped in Taka's arms. With a bonus forehead kiss, too.

**\m/**

I woke up because of a warm breath on the side of my face and an arm entwined on my waist. Taka and I fell asleep on the couch, sitting. I carefully lifted his arm from my waist to avoid him from disturbing his peaceful sleep. It's only three quarter in the morning.

I walked to the kitchen because my stomach wanted a brewed coffee. Thank heavens that my favorite mug  is still alive but the handle is already broken. I decided to keep it on the cupboard and took the mug that Ellie gave to me on my fifteenth birthday. A customised white mug with my name and birthday greetings written on it. I grabbed some chocolate chip cookies too from the cookie jar. I put six pieces on the plate and put it on the tray together with the already brewed coffee.

The tray almost slipped from my hands because somebody is playing the piano at the living room.

Taka's already awake now?

My hunch is right. Taka's playing a piece but I don't know the song. I grinned silently because of his messed-up hair. I put the tray on the center table.

"Wow. That's a wonderful piece, Taka." I gave him a slow clap and he grinned at me in return.

"Thank you. You like it? I'm composing a song for our new album." He glanced at the food on the table. "Can I have a cookie?"

"Because of that masterpiece, you deserve two cookies." Instead of giving him two cookies, I gave the plate to him. He can eat all the cookies if he wants to.

"Home made cookies are the best. I can finish them all." He stood up and returned to the couch. I sipped my coffee and seated at the front of my piano.

"No problem with that, I still have more on the cookie jar. Mom made that before they went to Malaysia." I sighed as I remember my parents.

Taka raised a cookie and looked above. "Mom, thank you so much. The best cookies I've ever tasted."

"Do you want something to drink? You woke early too like me." I sipped again my coffee. Delicious.

He shook his head. "Don't worry about me. Can I request something to you, Yuki Hime?"

"Just make sure that I can grant it to you." I humored to lighten up the situation.

"Of course you can. Play the piano for me, please? I missed our piano sessions at Hidden Paradiso." Taka brought the empty plate back on the tray.

"Sure. What song do you want me to play?" I gave my half-filled mug to him. I expected that he will put it back on the tray but he sipped on it too instead. My goodness!

"This brewed coffee is good, too. Any song will do, Miss Winter Dellaira." He lifted the mug like having a toast to me.

"Are you sure, Mr. Takahiro Moriuchi?"

"More than sure, but let me take a video of you while playing and singing. Is that okay with you?" He finished my brewed coffed then fished out his phone.

I started playing some random chords because I don't know what song will I going to sing until Taka focused his phone on me. Like my hands got a life of their own, the intro of Say Something by A Great Big World can be heard now at the living room.

Aura's Note: Play the vid at the multimedia.

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one if you want me to
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I... am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all
And I... will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

Taka is looking intently at me while I'm singing. I can't help but to return the gaze, like I'm magnetised to his doe eyes. I silently thanked my fingers because they kept playing smoothly because my heart is beating so fast.

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I... will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

I tore my eyes away from Taka. I closed my eyes because I remeber my parents. I know that the song is so sad, and I'm stopping myself to shed tears again. I tried to blink several times but no to avail.

Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
And anywhere I would've followed you (Oh-Ooh)
Say something, I'm giving up on you

Say something...

I sighed as I finished the song. I wiped the tears and Taka gave me a handkerchief. He put his phone above the piano and sat beside me.

"Stunning, as always. You're so talented, Yuki Hime."

"Thanks, Taka." I returned his handkerchief.

"I wish I can ease the pain in your eyes."

He lifted my chin and I'm once again mesmerised. I closed my eyes as tears began to flow but my mouth gaped because Taka is kissing those tears.

"Taka..." I quickly opened my eyes and inhaled because his face is so close to mine.

"Slap me after this, Yuki Hime but I want to kiss you."

Instead of protesting, I closed my eyes again as Taka's lips pressed firmly into mine.

__________

See you on next chapter! My tab needs to be charge, lol.

And...they kissed!

Aura 🎵