Dear 9: Hidden Paradiso

Oh break up pieces of me
and start again
'cause the puzzle I had wasn't working then
Oh pieces of me
and nothing's changed

- Pieces of Me

I woke up at quarter to seven in the morning and I'm already expecting that I'm home alone. My parents' flight is at 6 AM and they told me yesterday that they will not wake me up because I need some rest for my outing with Ellie.

After some stretching and drinking a glass of water, I pulled out my journal under my pillow. I feel like I want to do some morning talk.

08312016

Dear 10969 Frontman,

Good morning! It's the last day of the month and also my birthday, yay! Me and Ellie are going to Hidden Paradiso, spend the whole week as a birthday gift to me courtesy of my parents and her mom. My parents will go to Malaysia today for a vacation I'm with my bestfriend on a beach outing.

Time to eat breakfast now! Hope you'll spend a vacation here, guys. It'll be fun!

Winter ❤

After fixing myself, I went downstairs to grab some breakfast. I smiled because I don't need to fix my food because Mom already made a breakfast for me. She left a note on the dining table.

Sweetie,

Happy birthday! Enjoy your breakfast, sorry that we can't eat with you because we need to go to the airport early. See you after a week.

Mom and Dad

I ate my food with much gusto. Mom prepared egg omelette, chicken sausage, pancake and fried rice. There's also a fruit cocktail in a small bowl with honey and a glass of milk. The food is good for one person only so I finish it all.

After washing the dishes, my cellphone vibrated. It's Ellie

From: Ellie-gator

I'm on my way! Be ready, birthday girl 😘

I replied Okay then rush to my bedroom to change clothes.

Just in time, the doorbell rang after I put an eyeliner and faint lipstick.

"Happy birthday, Winter Wonderland!" Ellie hugged me after I opened the door. She's so clingy!

"You're choking me! Thanks, Ellie-gator." I grinned.

"Are you ready?"

"Yup! I packed my bag last night before I sleep." I pointed my medium-sized traveling bag nestling near the piano.

"Good. Let's go!"

"To Hidden Paradiso!" We both shouted. I make sure I locked the doors before hopping to Ellie's car.

***\m/***

"A uke? For whom?" I asked Ellie because I saw a ukulele at the back seat of the car.

"Oh, that? Mom said to give that to you as an additional birthday gift." Ellie winked at me then start the car engine.

"Wow! Your Mom loves me so much!" I grinned then grabbed the uke.

"You're like a daughter to her, that's why. Can you sing a song while we're in the road?" Ellie requested.

"Sure! How 'bout Say You Like Me by We The Kings?"

"Is that your song for Rock or for Taka? She teased then giggled.

"Ellie!"

"I'm just joking, Winter. Chill."