Please Don't Go,

{Camila}

Exit 298

Los Angeles Rehabilitation Center

I heard herd the unmistakable sound of the turn signal. My heart dropped to my stomach. I couldn't tell if I was filling with rage or nervousness.

"Are you fucking kidding me," I yelled as loud as I could without actually screaming.

"Mila," Shawn sighed. "You need help."

"No Shawn I don't. Take me home now."

He looked at me with teary eyes and shook his head. I wanted to kick and scream but I couldn't. I knew if I fought back it would only hurt him more.

"How long," I asked.

"How long what," I could hear the pain in his voice.

"How long until I get to see you again. I know that's the only reason you took me to eat," I paused then laughed. "A final good bye."

Shawn didn't take his eyes off of the road.

"Your not planning on seeing me again," I said sitting up in my seat more panicked then I was before.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Shawn}

I had no idea what to say. I couldn't lead her on anymore.

"No I'm not," I said clenching my jaw in an effort to stop myself from crying.

"Then why even bother seeing me after you knew I was okay?"

"Because I love you. This is all my fault."

2 miles

"Don't flatter yourself. I had a "drug problem" before I met you," Camila said in air quotes.

"Yeah but I obviously didn't help the situation. I wanted to protect you but here we are," I said as we pulled into the parking lot.

"Ha. Protect me. Why would I need your protection," Camila asked with a grin.

What was I supposed to say to that. She obviously didn't feel the same way I felt about her. Or maybe she did but she was putting up a front because I was emitting her into a rehab. That seems plausible.

I turned to Camila and placed my hand on her thigh before I mustered up the courage to speak.

"Mila. I know this isn't you."

"You don't know me," she responded with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah. I guess not," I sighed.

Realistically the only things I knew about Camila were the things I read in articles. And who knows if any of those things are even true.

----------------------------------------------------------

{Camila}

We sat in silence for a few minutes, I was soaking up my last few minutes of freedom. The reason I was being such a bitch to Shawn was to distance myself. I don't think I could handle the fact of being away from him for who knows how long while having feelings for him. Maybe if I acted as if I didn't love him I wouldn't have to go through the pain of loosing him.

Shawn tapped his fingers on the wheel a few more times the exited the Jeep, I followed. He pulled a large duffle bag that I recognized from the back seat. So he really was in cahoots with my mom. What the hell. Shawn walked in front of me heading to the door, I drug my feet a bit behind him. Just before he reached the electric doors he turned around waiting for me to catch up. I stood in front of Shawn, hoping that he would say this was all a joke and take me home. But instead he bent down and pulled me in for a warm embrace.
"I do love you," Shawn said as he rested his chin on the top of my head. I squeezed his waist tighter. I couldn't say I loved him because I didn't want to admit it to myself. Shawn kissed the top of my head and we just stood there, wrapped around each other. After a few glares from strangers walking by we both loosened our grip and headed inside.

I stood a few feet behind Shawn as he checked me in. He handed me my bag as we hugged once more then I followed a nurse to my room.

------------------------------------------------------------------
I still don't really know where this is going. All I do know is shawmila is endgame.

(I'm just starting a new book Act Like You Love me and I'd really appreciate it if you guys read the first chapter and told me your thoughts. Thank you)

-U.M