Mercy,

{Camila}

"Hello."

"Hey Mila," Shawn slurred.

"What's up," I ask not that I actually wanted to know.

"I'm outside. Hurry up and open the door," I got up from my bed and looked out the window. "The pizza is getting cold," Shawn was slouched against his Jeep depowering a slice of pizza.

I ended the call and reluctantly headed downstairs. I opened the door to see a disoriented Shawn stumble toward me. He reached my door out of breath, somehow without dropping the pizza.

"You have sauce all over your face," I said rolling my eyes and leading him into my kitchen. He walked toward my fridge and fumbled with the door.

"Sit the hell down," I said in an angry tone. Honestly I didn't know if I wanted to see him at all let alone black out drunk.

While I was filling a cup up with water from the fridge I heard a loud crash. I quickly turned around to see Shawn on the ground cradling his head and laughing.

"Are you fucking kidding me," I set down the glass and pulled Shawn to his feet then made sure he was sitting on the stool. I sat across from him as he chugged his water occasionally taking a breath and giggling at me.

"Why are you here."

"Ha funny you asked," Shawn slurred dramatically pointing his finger at me. "I wrote a song for you."

I waited a second to see if he had anything else to say, Shawn just looked at me with a blank expression.

"And why did you have to come to my house to tell me that."

"Well Mila, Mila, Mila. I'm going to play it for you. Duh," Shawn took a breath then burped and laughed about it. How fucking disgusting. I just sat there staring at him.

"Now where are your guitars," He sang the word guitars extremely obnoxiously.

"I'm not letting you get remotely fucking close to my guitars," I said sternly.

"And I'm not leaving until I play this song for you," Shawn said crossing his arms and making a pouty face.

I rolled my eyes and started walking up stairs, Shawn turned to follow me.

"Sit back down," I yelled to him.

I quickly ran the rest of the way to my bed room grabbed my guitar then ran back down to the kitchen. The longer it took me the more time Shawn had to fuck up my house.

His eyes lit up as I came down the stair case with my guitar, he looked like a little kid getting a Christmas gift. I smiled to myself as I handed him my precious guitar and sat across the table from him.

"Are you ready for the show tonight Los Angeles," Shawn yelled as if he was talking to a crowd.

I decided to play along. "Yeah," I yelled is response and clapped.

"This song goes out to Camila Cabello. I know she's in the crowd tonight. This one is called Mercy" he started to strum the guitar with a dopey smile on his face.

You've got a hold of me, don't even know your power

I stand a hundred feet, but fall when I'm around you

Show me an open door, but then you go and slam it on me

I can't take it anymore, I'm saying baby

Please have Mercy on me, take it easy on my heart

Even though you don't mean to hurt me, you keep tearing me apart

Would you please have mercy, mercy on my heart

I'd drive through the night, just to be near you baby

Heart old and testified, tell me that I'm not crazy

I'm not asking for a lot, just that your honest with me

My pride is all I got, I'm saying baby

Please have mercy on me, take it easy on my heart

I know you don't mean to hurt me, you keep tearing me apart

Would you please have mercy on me

I'm a puppet on your string

Even though you got good intention, I need you to set me free

Would you please have mercy, mercy on my heart

He grinned at me and started a different strumming pattern, slowing the intensity of the song down.

Consuming all the air inside my lungs, ripping all the skin from off my bones

I'm prepared to sacrifice my life, I would gladly do it twice

Shawn started singing louder sweat beading on his forehead.

Consuming  all the air  inside my lungs, ripping all the skin from off my bones

I'm prepared to sacrifice my life, I would gladly do it twice

Oh, darling please have mercy on me

Take it easy on my heart

Even though you don't mean to hurt me, you keep tearing me apart

Would you please have mercy on me, I'm a puppet on your string

Even though you've got good intentions, I need you to set me free

Shawn gasped for breath as he slowed down the strumming of the guitar. He ended the song with quiet humming before he smacked the guitar to stop the strings from making any more noise. I flinched because of how much noise the slap made. My eyes were starting to fill with tears. Is this really what he thought of me? That I was putting him through a lot?

"What the fuck," I mumbled. I was enraged. Sure if he wrote kid in love or ruin or maybe even stitches I'd be fine with it but mercy.

He chuckled. "Almost any girl would be flattered that I wrote a song about them. Why are you being a bitch," Shawn questioned as he loosened his grip on the guitar and it fell to the floor.

"I'm not any girl Shawn. You wrote a song about me and how I'm harming you. Your the one that said we shouldn't talk anymore," I yelled as a single tear fell from my eyes.

Sure he was drunk and didn't have a filter right now but obviously he thought these things while being sober. He wrote a whole song about how I was controlling him. I took a few breaths and felt a little more calm.

"What ever. Fuck you," Shawn said as he stumbled off the stool and grabbed his keys off the counter.

"Your not driving home."

"To hell I'm not," He said as he continued walking toward the door. I walked in front of him and reached for the keys. Shawn glared at me and tried to walk in front of me but was stopped when I stepped in front of him.

"Get the fuck out of my way," he groaned I didn't budge.

Shawn shoved me to the ground instant regret fell over his face. He reached down and tried to pick me up.

"Don't fucking touch me," I said standing up and grabbing the keys from his hand before storming upstairs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you guys haven't already I'd really appreciate it if you checked out my new story Act Like You Love me and commented your opinions. Thank you guys. - U.M.