Alleyway

I toss and turn for almost three cold hours playing out all the scenarios in my head that could potentially happen tomorrow. I also make the miraculous decision of making sure that, somehow, Jo wasn't dating Louis when we kissed. I'm not a person who provokes or encourages cheating and I sure as sh*t know Jo isn't a cheater despite her agreement to kiss me.

It's not as if it would mean anything to her, I'm aware of that, completely. It was just a kiss to which I agreed to, to help her figure out if she was in fact attracted to girls as well as guys. Still, it hurt to get my hopes up in thinking that maybe it meant more to her, just like it did to me.

But letting them get too high wasn't something I could control myself and I hated that. I hated the thought of it all. I hated thinking I could be played, it could all be a mean joke and she has screenshot our conversation and put it into a group chat for me to never know and her to mock me. Maybe she got hacked and none of this was true.

Though I knew Jo, I knew a lot about her and she has admitted a lot to me than I could have thought was even possible and I did to her. I confined in her, she was the last string in my life, holding my broken pieces together as little as she knows this. She's stopped me ruining my life, breaking, scarring myself and I have nothing to show for that but the words themselves.

One day, in my dreams or reality, (reality being the preferred option) I'm going to prove to this girl even if it takes every ounce left of me and every inch of my structured body that she has kept me alive and has ever so effortlessly propped this smile upon my face everyday.

Her smile, her laugh, her eyes, her humour, her way of positivity, her. Just her. If that's all life had to give me it would be treasure to me, I'd rather just her than a lifestyle like the Beckham's. She all a person should want. She's all a person needs and comes with more.

My eyes droop and I start to see black, the last memorable thought was the beautiful girl herself.

----

I wake up to Curtis and Cameron jumping on top of the airbed either end at the same time. Their combined weights still not enough for me to go flying off the air filled mattress but still enough for me to tumble over the edge off it slightly, my top half off onto the carpeted floor, my bottom half still attached inside the blanket wrapped around my legs on the air bed.

"Char, do you think that Jo can come to Mulitcourt later, I want to show her me playing football and she's hot?" Curtis asks plopping himself down on the floor his elbow leaning on the end of the bed. I roll my eyes at how he says this. He wants to show her his horrific nonexistent football skills to try and make her fall in love with him and the word he used.

Not pretty, gorgeous, beautiful just hot. Because yet, he's a boy and he only looks at her body and not her gorgeous face. Her body is amazing but her face is what is makes me speechless and her god damn eyes.

I huff, "Maybe. She has a boyfriend you know and Curtis you're terrible at football, she doesn't like it anyway," my words come out nastier than I intend but I want him to know she's out of bounds. Not because of Louis but of course because of me.

----

I'm walking Jo on one side and Curtis on the other. Its just us three and we are walking down a dried up grass alley, it's wide and can easily hold another four of us in a line altogether. All day so far within the hour we have been hanging with Jo he's tried to completely impress her, failing miserably.

We reach the end and the only way to then is down a much slimmer alley that nobody used. It leads to a not so nice neighborhood but nonetheless we all sit, me and Jo on one side and him on the other.