Chapter 37: One Step Closer to Complete Bliss

It's the day before I get to leave the place where I spent a month and a half of my life. I mean the nurses and doctors are nice and all but it got boring, fast. Even homework didn't distract me enough.

Because you miss Lorenzo. Despite the fact that you two fought or you ignored him the entire time, he still stayed here, a voice says knowingly.

Shut up, I say to myself.

The doctor has all my papers ready to be signed when I get to leave tomorrow. I sigh as the sun goes down and the moon comes out, shining a path for those walking in the dark. I settle in my bed for another lonely night.

...

When I wake up, I'm not in my rather comfortable bed in the hospital. In fact, I'm in a hard plastic chair with a bag over my head and a gag in my mouth.

What in the world?

The bag and my gag is ripped off my head and I look around. The room is somewhat dark with lamps lit around the room. It's about the size of an average living room with no windows and one door across from me. There's only one escape. I see the person who took off my bag and I feel like he's familiar, but I can't place his name. My hands and legs are tied down and I hate it. I feel the worst case of deja vu as my brain pieces together what's going on. Inheritance. It always seems to come back to that doesn't it?

The person smiles at me and I look at his piercing blue eyes. It's then I remember who he is.

I run into a hard chest and nearly fall over. A steady hand grips me and I squeak out a sorry. Looking up, I see a guy in his early twenties, probably in or graduated college. Dressed in a tuxedo tailored to fit him, he looks almost as gorgeous as Lorenzo. Almost. With his piercing blue eyes, he scans me up and down and I squirm under his gaze. Muttering another apology, I walk away without any other stumbles.

"Waksren Thunder, is it?"

"Pretty and smart, I see."

"I try. If I may, what are you doing?"

"Well, you will have to wait and see," he says, tapping me on the nose while he waits in the room.

His gaze is on me and I can't help but squirm. I never liked people looking at me.

A couple minutes later, the door opens and a man comes in. The light is casting a shadow across his face so I can't see who it is.

"Why don't you come out of the shadows so I can see your face?" I suggest.

He laughs and says, "Oh, Linnea, you always have had such a tongue on you."

I freeze when I hear his voice and tense even more when he steps out of the shadows. I'm looking into the eyes of Lyzander Kiendar.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Well, you've already met Thibault," he says, gesturing to another man in the shadows, who turns out to be, shocker, Thibault.

"How'd you get out of prison?" I ask casually.

"You think that some bruises will keep me in prison? Lyzander has good attorneys and they took me out of that rotting cell and ripped apart any evidence against me, no thanks to you!" He yells.

"Calm down, we are almost at our goal," Lyzander soothes.

"And what might this goal be?" I ask, digging for information.