Chapter 1

• Dedicated to henrietta manning

Alice's POV

ALIIIIII!!!!!! My sister shouted from her bedroom. I glanced over at my alarm clock, it was only 6:28, which meant I had a whole two minutes of snooze time!

ALLIIII!!! My sister called again. Before I could even reply I felt a hard tug and suddenly I fell of my bed with a loud thump.

'You idiot Em!' I screamed at her. Em short for Emmy, was 3 years younger than me. She looked at me with a puzzled look.

'Al, it's actually 7:28 not six, I think you have forgotten to change your clock.' She said nicely although I could secretly tell she was pissing herself laughing.

'Omg gifsgdgj! I'm late I'm late!!' I screamed. It was my first day of term and I was starting at a new school. I wanted to make a good impression. I shot out of bed as fast as I could and put on some skinny jeans, a beanie and a cute Hollister sweat top. I had no time to apply my make up so I shoved the whole contents of my make up bag into my school bag.

'Alice?' My mum called

'Mum I'm busy, trying to find my phone!' I replied.

'Well someone's at the door, he lives next door, I think he said his name was Caspar.' Mum shouted at me.

Ergh, I looked out of my window and saw a skinny blonde guy wearing what looked like a giant onesie and slippers. What the flipping hell? I thought. I must have spoken my feelings as the guy looked up towards the window and waved. 'Oh shit!' He probably thinks I like him!' I cried.

'Ali? Are you just going to let this handsome boy just stand here or what?' Mum shouted. Oh no she didn't! She just called him handsome! She's 40 and he looks about 18.

'Er yeah mum I'm coming, just wait a sec! I said.

I grabbed my phone, a packet of Maoams ( I can't live without them) and ran downstairs.

'Have fun' mum winked at me. I hope the guy didn't see, I just wanted the floor to swallow me up.