Chapter twenty-seven

Why do I always give in? Why can't I stick to my word and stay pissed off... I hate forgiving too easily, but I'm a nice person and I can't stand seeing the people I love upset or hurt.

Ugh. Fuck my big heart.

Justin unlocked the door with his dangling keys and I walked into the house that I thought I left for a good bit.

I really wasn't planning on coming back, but Justin always has to trick me and change my mind with his slick way of talking. I hate him, but I love him.

"Welcome home." He said closing the door.

"I was only gone for a couple of hours." I said folding my arms along my chest.

"I know, but it really sucked watching you leave." He replied walking up to me and gazing deeply into my eyes.

His eyes are simply perfect.

"I shouldn't be here. I should be getting drunk off my ass right now and forgetting my problems." I said wetting my lips with my tongue.

"Who says that you still can't?" Justin said smirking and then walking into the kitchen.

I followed behind him as I watched him fish out a bottle of whiskey. Now that's my cup of tea.

"If Hailey left, where did she go?" I asked raising a brow as Justin poured me a glass.

"I don't know, I just told her that now is not the time to be here and that she needed to leave."

"So... You chose me?" I asked resting my elbows on the marbled counter top.

"I didn't have to choose, when you left I told you that I already know what I wanted, but you said you needed space." He said sipping on his beverage and sliding my glass over to me.

"I'm sorry, it's just I didn't want to have to sit here and fight over you. You're just a guy and she looks at you like... You're the only guy for her." I spoke after swallowing the sip I took.

"Well, Chris, before you and I got together, Hailey and I were really close. We hung out all the time, shared clothes, cuddled and watched movies together, we literally did everything together and... She got too comfortable and it's my fault, because I lead her on. I love her, and she is such an amazing friend, and we did once have a thing going, but when I met you... My heart changed. It's not that Hailey wasn't good enough for me, it was just... I loved mine and her friendship too much to ruin... And it was already too late. I--fucked it up, like I fuck everything else up." He said drinking his drink down to the bottom.

"Justin... You don't have to explain to me. I already know. I can see that what you guys had was real. She lights up when you're around. It's like you genuinely make her happy and... I'm the only thing standing in the way." I said gazing deeply into his eyes.

"No, no stop. Listen to me, I made a choice, and my choice was you."

Before I could say anything else, the front door shut.

Heels clicked on the floor as they approached us closer.

Hailey stood tall as her eyes laid on us.

"Oh, she's back." Hailey said in a surprised tone.

What the hell is she doing here?

I look over at Justin in disbelief.

"You didn't really make a choice did you?" I asked clenching my jaw.

Justin stayed silent and looked down at the ground.

"I'll make the choice for you." I said in anger and walked away leaving him in his place.

"That was easy." Hailey said before I could get out of the door.