Chapter seventeen

It's that time.

I'm not ready to ball my eyes out.

Justin and the rest of us followed behind him as we entered the little set up for the vigil. Pictures of the girls were everywhere. People even brought flowers for them to go on their grave.

There were so many down faces and all I could do was try my best to hold back from crying. I hate to see people in pain.

We met up with Scooter and I finally got to meet him for the first time. It was kinda awkward because of all of the news reports that he seen about us, but... Oh well. Justin's a grown man. He can do what he wants.

Only immediate family and friends were allowed in the vigil out of respect for the girls and the family members.

"We would like to begin the vigil and I would like to start off with thank you for coming out. The lives of many girls are going to be remembered tonight and many of you know Justin Bieber.... He will sing some songs and donate money as well for the families who need a helping hand." Scooter said into the microphone looking out into the crowd.

"Justin would you like to say some words before we start?" Scooter asked looking over at him.

Justin nodded and made his way over to the microphone.

Families clapped as he entered the stage

"Hello. I just want to say I was so blessed to have such supportive fans like your daughters. I am truly sorry that they had to go so young. Just remember God has a reason for it and they are looking down smiling right now. I wish they could be here for this moment because I know... They would've loved to meet me and I could say the same about them." Justin paused as he choked up.

"Before we start, I want everyone to close their eyes and pray with me." Justin said pausing and then closing his eyes.

"God, please help these families get through this rough patch. Keep them strong and be close to all of those that are grieving over the loss of their precious Daughters. Give me a heart that is sensitive to those that are grieving, the wisdom to know when to speak words of comfort or when to keep silent. In Jesus's name... Amen. "

You could hear sobbing as there was a moment of silence.

"We can get started. I hope you guys stay for the show and enjoy it. Thank you." Justin walked off stage with his head down. He wiped a tear that snuck out of his eye and walked back over to me.

Damn. I hate seeing him upset.

Soft and gentle music played as everyone got together and lit their candles. There were so many tears and sad faces overwhelming the place.

I hate sadness. I hate it with a passion. I wish I could take all of it away.

I stood beside Justin with my head on his shoulder. I rubbed his back gently to let him know I was there for him.

We held our candles close and shut our eyes listening to the music. I held Justin's hand
and squeezed it tightly.

Scooter walked up beside us and put a hand on his back.

"You alright?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

I stared at the side of his face and knew he wasn't okay. I could tell how his lips pouted.

Scooter pulled me aside and told Justin we would be right back. That was odd. What would he want with me?

"Christina right?" He said looking at me as he walked beside me.