Chapter twenty

My mind is going crazy. Everything happened so fast at once and I can barely think straight.

My mom was staring at me frowning.

"Christina, what is going on? Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Mom said touching my arm.

"Because we were going to tell you at dinner, that was the whole point of going out tonight!" I said kinda irritated.

Mom heaved a sigh and covered her mouth with her fingertips.

"Baby, I am so sorry. I had no idea." She said regretting what she did.

"It's fine. I just don't want him to leave." I said walking along the sidewalk away from Roger and my parents.

I stood at the stop sign and waited for my parents to leave Roger alone. He was still talking to him. I eyeballed him in loath.

I clenched my jaw as I stared deeply into his soul. He knew I hated it. He knew what he did and all I want is for him to never speak to me or Justin again.

I looked on my phone and got an uber to take all of us to Justin's house.

Mom and dad stood next to me.

"What did he say to you guys?" I asked raising a brow.

"He just wanted to thank us for inviting him to dinner." Mom replied folding her arms along her chest.

I rolled my eyes.

"I hate him." I said disgusted.

"Hate is a very strong word. I am pretty sure he didn't mean to ruin your night dear." Mom said.

I know she's not taking his side.

"Mom, he kissed me. He knew Justin and I were together."

"How did he know and we didn't?" Dad asked raising a brow.

I let out a sigh. "He seen the tabloids." I said looking away from them.

"And what was in the tabloids Christina?" Mom asked placing her hands on her hips.

"Nothing... Just of me and Justin. We were rumored to be dating." I said chewing on my bottom lip.

"I'm going to have to keep an eye out on the tabloids now that my daughter is dating a pop star." Dad said in a serious tone.

Fucking great.

The uber pulled up. "There's our ride." I said in an emotionless tone.

We all got into the van. There was nice young woman driving in the front seat.

We had to pay ten dollars each, which wasn't too bad. We could've saved some money, but you know... Justin just had to storm off and leave us all stranded.

Actually, I don't blame Justin, I blame Roger.

We got dropped off at our destination and we all put our money together and handed it to the mice young woman. My dad added another five dollars for a tip, which he didn't have to.

We waved the lady good-bye and then got out of the van and walked to the front door. It was locked and Justin's car was gone. I checked underneath the mat and found the extra house key and then unlocked the door.

I thought that we were going to be locked out.

I walk inside finding Esther sitting on the couch asleep. 

"Justin's not here." I told mom and dad as I sat my purse down onto the table.

"Where did he go?" Mom asked as if I would know.