Chapter thirty-eight

"Justin is lashing out like he did years ago. We need to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." Scooter said into the phone.

"Justin is young man, he's gonna make mistakes, but I'll make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." Usher said.

"He listens to you more than he listens to me. I don't want him ending his career just because I pissed him off. I know he won't be able to, but whenever he gets into that mindset, it's hard to get him out of it." Scooter replied.

"I gotchu Scooter. He's not going to end his career. He loves music way too much to do that. I seen it in him whenever he ran up to me that day in the parking lot wanting to sing my song to me. He was dedicated and wasn't going to give up, so why would he give up now?" Usher responded.

"You're right, but what are you going to do? He is on his way back to New York. He just left LA and Yael and I are about to head back as well."

"I'll go with you guys. I'll meet you at the airport."

"Alright, bye man."

Meanwhile

"What are we going to tell my parents?" I asked anxiously.

"We are going to tell them the truth." Justin said as he got out of his car to park in his driveway.

"What about your tour? Didn't you say you were going to talk to them about that too?" I asked hoping he wouldn't get an attitude. He rolled his eyes of course.

"Chris, my tour is a no go. I've already pushed it back a lot and I just don't think I can go on tour with a baby. I know I said it would work, but I want to be in his or her life all the way, not half the time. I want us to work. My parents split up when I was little and I thought I was the blame for it, I don't want our kid to go through that." He explained as he opened the door to the van for me to get in.

"Your career is important Justin. I know we have a baby coming, but if you go ahead and get the tour started, I won't be in labor for months. If you wait, it's going to take longer to get the tour over with." I responded.

"I didn't think about that..."

"So, are you going to consider forgiving Scooter and doing your tour?" I asked.

"I--I don't know. That's not the only thing I'm worried about right now."

"Justin, Scooter didn't do anything, but tell you the truth. I know you want to do what you want to do, but you're only saying all of that because you want to make it harder for Scooter. Am I right?" I stared at him as he shut the door as he sat beside me.

"I guess so, but damn, I'm trying to make a point here. I am my own person, I am almost twenty-three years old and I still have Scooter ordering me around like I'm sixteen years old. I'm not sixteen anymore I'm a grown man." Justin said crossing his arms along his chest.

I beg to differ.

"Listen to me... you may be twenty-three, but some of your decisions you make aren't wise and your team is here to make sure they lead you in the right direction. They don't want to see you fall again. Be grateful that you have people who love you that much."

Damn, I feel like a therapist.

"I am grateful... very grateful. I just want to make my own choices and if I don't want to do this anymore then I'm not." He said with no emotion.

"Hear me out, do you think you can actually quit music? You are a musician, a popular one at that, and even if you did quit music, it's not going to make you disappear like you never existed. Your fans are going to be there no matter what and while they are here supporting you, you are never going to fade out. They love you, they made you who you are today and they are the reason you get to go to all of these beautiful places and have the things you have because they save up and spend their money to support you and buy your music, buy your merch, buy your overly priced concert tickets and yes, I just said overly priced because they are!" I paused and took a deep breath to catch my breath.