Chapter thirty-seven

It's time. My heart is racing and I cannot breathe. Im trying so hard not to show my emotions. Justin knows I'm a wreck on the inside.

I just want to get this over with, but this is not the only thing I'm dying to know.

Ugh. It's killing me.

Soft whispers emitted amongst the court room.

Judge curry slams his hammer to get everyone's attention.

"The jury have came to a conclusion. Mr.Scott, you were voted guilty for the murder of the girls outside of the library and you will not be able to plead in another case. This case is now closed." He said slamming his hammer once again.

Oh my fucking..

We won. I'm so relieved. It's like a big weight lifted off of my shoulders. Well... one of them anyways.

I turned around finding Justin smiling at me.

"We did it. We got justice." I said running into his arms happily. He squeezed me tight and caressed my lower back.

"I told you we would." He said softly.

"I am so relieved." I couldn't help but shed tears of happiness.

The parents of the girls were all crying of happiness outside of the courtroom. Justin hugged all of them and shared the happiness with them.

I shook my attorneys hand and thanked him for the hard work he put into this case.

"It was nice working with you Ms.Benson." He said with a half smile and nod.

I smiled back and walked up to Justin with one of the families.

"If you need anything ever, I'm here." Justin said softly.

This is what I love most about him.

"Thank you so much Justin. You don't know how much this means to us, you were such a big inspiration to my daughter and now I know why. You are such a kind and generous human being with a good heart and that's what the world needs more of." The mom said in tears.

"Thank you... thank you." Justin murmured as he hugged her once again.

"Have a blessed day." She said walking off with her husband.

"Ready to go babe?" I said catching his attention.

"Yeah, that was the last family to speak with. We can go." He replied automatically grabbing my hand.

"Hugo, how is it out there?" Justin asked as Hugo lead the way.

"It's packed with papz, stay behind me and don't answer any of their questions." He responded.

Why can't papz just leave us alone?

I took a deep breath and looked down at the ground the whole time as we exited out of the courthouse.

Justin was still holding onto me, his grip was tight and he knew I didn't like this.

Papz swarmed around us like flys on garbage. Their cameras flashed and many of them were yelling in our faces.

We ignored them like Hugo said to do. Most of the questions were about us winning the case and about Roger. I wasn't opening my mouth and they won't get any information from me.

Hugo opens the door for us and we immediately got inside of the van and shut the door. We could still hear the papz and see them.

It was overwhelming.

"You okay?" Justin asked as he glared at the side of my face.

I don't know what I am.

A tear rolled down my cheek and dropped off my chin.