Chapter Eight: Power Of A Bite

A month went by and everything was fine. The bite stayed as scar as it would forever. I made sure I covered it up every time I go to school. I don't need the fuss. It was near the end holidays now, another full moon would be coming out tonight.

I put on my awesome pajamas. They are so awesome cuz the shirt has a giant wolf on it. I love wolves.

I clean my teeth and lay down on my bed, waiting for sleep to come. I would usually say goodnight to mum but she's the hospital. She didn't leave me alone in the house though, she was still hadn't got over the lie I made that there was someone in the house a month ago. She left me with Charlie who had cheesed me off by eating my chips. I definitely not saying goodnight to someone who just committed a felony.

I look at the time. It's eight. I don't usually go to sleep this late but yesterday night I went to a friends slumber party. I close my eyes and let sleep come.

~~~

I woke up. I don't know why. I haven't had any nightmares or anything. That's when I feel it. The urge to jump out of my window. I couldn't stop myself. I opened the window and climbed on the ledge. I didn't think twice. I jumped off the window in the second story our two story house.

I expected bones to snap, blood to spill, but none of that happened. I landed as softly and quietly as a butterfly. Strange. I walked forward and didn't stop until I reached the forest just near my house. I started running at this point. I ran through the forest, easily dodging trees and jumping over logs. I couldn't stop myself. I wasn't sure what this force was, but it was... unstoppable, unbreakable.

After running for what seemed like hours, but it was really minutes, I reached a tall mossy rock shaped like the one that the lions live on in The Lion King. I got on my knees and began to climb up it. As I got up, I realized there was a clearing and the full moon shone through onto the rock. I reached the top and...howled?

Yes I did.

That's when I saw it. My paws- I mean hands were now paws. I almost screamed but I couldn't since I had the mouth of a wolf. Wait, I am a wolf.

I wasn't surprised. Weren't all werewolf movies and books like this? Apart from the fact that I'm actually a wolf. Not a giant ugly werewolf like in the films and books.

What made me this way? I can only wonder.

What will I do with this new body? I could...I could do anything! I can run free! I could stop crimes just like Spider-Man! Now that's an idea. First, I need to find out more about this.

I also need to be careful, obviously full moons make me go werewolf. So stay away from people on full moons. I need to... I need to... I want to...

To many thoughts were racing through my head. This was just ... so wonderful!

I stop thinking and do. I jump down from the rock and land on the ground flawlessly. I love this already! I start to run. I'm faster than any other creature. Even if the Peregrine falcon is the fastest animal in the animal kingdom, I know I could outrun one easily. This must be apart of the werewolf abilities.

Within an hour, I was well out of the forest and had just come to a city. I had run at least 100 miles. So I run 100 miles per hour. Awesome. There was a small forest just before the city. I walked into it, barely panting. I heard a growl behind me. I twisted around to come — I can't really say face to face because I was bigger than an ordinary wolf. I came at least just below the average humans shoulder. I wasn't sure what my colour was, but I guess I will find out sometime.