Chapter Eighteen: Too Many Felonies

Another full moon would be coming up soon. Besides that small statement, I found myself walking through alleyways. One home to the homeless, another home to the drug dealers probably, and one for the dirty minded. If you didn't get the last one, I don't plan to explain it to you. Ask someone else.

Ever since I became a shape shifter, I have been fearless. Of humans and other animals, I should add. I wouldn't want to challenge a werewolf but any normal animal or human (that one is funny) I would. Apart from the normal human part. Any human I would take on.

I took a turn into an alley that looked like it might might as well as have said 'drug dealers Paradise' all over it. Good. Why? Because I felt like bashing someone up.

Anger issues, I'm telling you.

Who the frick are you?

No one.

Anyway, I have things to do. Before ever being bitten by a werewolf I never would have felt this. I knew immediately it was the raging werewolf in me.

Or anger issues.

I hear faint footsteps behind me. I grin. I hear a whisper, "isn't it a bit dangerous for a pretty girl like you to out alone in these parts of the city?"

I smile. I had exactly who I wanted where I wanted. I answer to with, "it is?" I add a giggle and an oblivious tone to it.

"Hmm . . . yes," I can feel someone's breath down my back. More specifically, a man. How do I know? I can tell the voice is from a man.

Ew, creepy asshole.

"Do you think you can show me a way out of here?" I giggle. This is just sickening. I need to stop, but I want to take him by surprise.

"Yes, I could." I can tell he is lying.

"Could you be be so kind to show me a way out?"

"Sure." With that, he grabs my arm and leads me somewhere that's definitely not the way out. I know exactly what he wants to do with me. I will leave it to you to guess.

I follow willingly. I'm glad it's pretty dark so he can't see the cheeky grin on my face. We end up in front of a door the goes into an old building. I fake gasp, "I thought you were showing me where to go!"

He pushes me inside roughly. It's a lot lighter in here. The room is empty. Apart from dust of course.

"A pretty girl like you should know better. You know exactly what I want to do." He traps me against the wall.

I decide I let him think he is going get away with it and continue my act, "you wouldn't!"

"Oh yes I would," he says.

Just before he makes a move on me, I kick in the groin. I grin. I grab his arms while he helplessly struggles. I snort at his effort to break free. This time I'm the one trapping him against the wall. Keeping one arm on him to keep him from escaping, I pull out a crumpled piece of paper from the pocket of my jeans. I smooth it out and show it to him while I read it out.

"Wanted: James Taylor. For murder, illegal drug dealing and theft. Too many felonies don't you think?"

"How did you know I would be here?" He growls.

"I didn't," I answer truthfully, "just followed the typical thriller/mystery movie line and found you. You know, I'm disappointed in you, Taylor, I feel sorry for your parents having to raise a liar and thief. Not to mention a freaking murder!"

"I can't believe a girl is stronger than me," he muttered. "I will get you back. I will track you down. I will win."

"No one ever wins when they against me," I whisper in his ear. "I'm like a superhero from a comic. I always win."

He just grumbles, "magic isn't real."

"Who said it was magic?" I say carefully, "what if it's just simply hybridity or even lycanthropy."

He doesn't say anything. That's because I knocked him out of consciousness before I said the last couple of words. I pick him up with my super strength and run to the police station, taking all the back streets. I dump him at the door and ring the bell. I disappear before anyone can answer the door.

---

Tense chapter. That's all I will say.

I'm wondering what my family think of this chapter... 

Asterix.