Chapter Fifteen: School Camp

"Guess what's in store for you guys?" The principal, Mr Grady, asks us grade tens.

"The rest of the year off?" Someone asks hopefully.

"No," he said quickly and a series of disappointed sighs fill the room. "We're having a camp!"

"WHHOOOOOOOO!" I scream typically with the rest of grade ten.

Mr Grady quiets us down and continues. "I will hand out the payment forms now, be sure to get them in by next week."

I take a payment form the has a description of the camp and a list of things to bring attached to it. I skim through it quickly. A camp in a meadow surrounded by woods. Sounds nice (no sarcasm intended). It was a low pay for the bus and the place we were staying at. We needed the normal stuff, clothes, toiletries, torch etc.

I leaned over to the person I was sitting next to, which wasn't Carla or anyone I knew well because we had to sit in alphabetical order. I whispered, "I wonder if there are toilets. Might have to take a dump in the woods." The person gulped and put their hand up to ask Mr Grady.

I wouldn't think he would make us take a dump in the woods. I think less people would come. Let's not forget, the teachers need somewhere to do their business too. I'm pretty sure I heard him say there were toilets anyway.

~~~

"ALL ABOARD!" Mr Cool shouted. His surname isn't actually Cool, that's just what everyone calls him because he's the coolest teacher apparently. I didn't actually know him or his real surname since I've never had him as a teacher.

We boarded the bus and I was about to the the seat when Brian gets there first. "Eh, you go sit with your buddies, I need time to talk to my best friend," Carla says when I groan.

"You have the whole night and most of the day to spend with her. I have hardly any time," Brian defends himself.

"He's got a point," I agree.

"You sure Girlfriend?" Carla asks.

"Yeah," I reply. "There's other people."

"Girlfriend," Brian repeats, sounding hurt.

"Yeah, haven't you heard of Carlura?" Carla questions him, surprised.

"You cheating on me?" He holds his heart as if a bullet shot him there. Carla decides to not tell him it's a joke and see how long it plays out. I decide its best to find a seat than listen to an ongoing fight that is about to happen.

I walk down the bus, realising there are no more seats. Looks like I am going on the other bus. I sigh and start walking out when someone pulls me down on a sets that I hadn't seen. I turn to see Shayden.

"Oh hi," I greet, surprised. "Thanks." I add.

"Your welcome," he said, smiling. I smile back and reach for my earphones.

"I'm going to listen to music, is that OK, with you?" I ask, not wanting to just be rude and ignore him.

"Sure," he agrees. "I was going to anyway."

I shoot him another smile before listening to some of Selena Gomez.

~~~

"And we have arrived," the bus driver announces and we all cheer. I jump off the bus and take a look at the surroundings. We were in a car park with cabins in the distance. Except we were hiking to anther place to sleep in tents.

I link arms with Carla, who is my tent buddy, along with two other inseparable best friends, Katie and Hannah. Katie and Hannah grabbed out their bags. Carla and I already had our bags so we set off we the group to hike to our tent spot.

We made it eventually, I wasn't even puffing thanks to my wolf stamina. Carla was hardly puffing too, actually. I mean, she runs two miles everyday. Carla wants to be a model if your wondering.

We set up tents and placed our belongings in it. I set up my bed with my sleeping bag then headed outside with Carla towards the campfire.

"Do you like Shayden?" She asked suddenly.

"What do you mean?" I say, instantly thinking of Justin Bieber. "As in a friend or...?"

"Well, in what way do you like him?"

"A friend. I mean he's cute I guess...has a nice personality. I'm not sure how I see him, Carla," I said honestly. It wasn't till now, I realised I wasn't sure how I see Shayden.

"What about Jordan?"

"Friend," I say quickly.

"Connor?"

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Are you seriously going to name all the guys I know that you think might be boyfriend material?" I laugh. "Anyway, I haven't gotten to know him well enough."

"Sorry," Carla begins to defend herself. "One of the ships have to sail."

"Wait what!? Ships!?" I exclaim.

"Yea, Shayura, Jordura, Conura, or even Carlura," she answers.

"Ha ha ha," I say bitterly. "By the way, Carlura is always sailing."

"Good point."

"But I ship Barla more." Barla is Brian and Carla.

"Hmmmm, yea, I do too." We turn into a laughing mess. We turn up at the fire place, still laughing.

We roast marshmell that night till about 8.50pm. I look up at the moon. It is at the waning gibbous stage. Lucky it's not a full moon tonight, other wise I would be a wolf in ten minutes.

I look up once more and look at it in another angle. Wait up, never mind, it is a full moon tonight.

Oh worm plop.