11: Reality

"Guys, this is my sister, Lexi." Claire introduced when everyone was at her house. Phoebe instantly got up and took the younger Holt sister in her arms.

"I'm fine, Phoebs," Lexi said hugging her back.

"Still, I can worry about you," Phoebe muttered. "You and the dick were together for four years. To end it suddenly, it causes damage, Lex."

"The real damage is going to come when I see him again," Lexi mumbled. "For now I'm fine."

"Wait you're going to see him again?" Nina questioned. If she were to break up with someone she wouldn't want to see them again.

"Meetings with our lawyers about our house and joint bank accounts. Then custody over who gets our dogs. Then some of my stuff is at his mum's house which I have to get." Lexi explained. "Fuck!" She suddenly cursed out of nowhere.

"What happened, love?" Joseph asked worried at her sudden outburst.

"Just remembered I have to deal with the wedding planner and my dress designer," Lexi said sadly.

"Deal with that later," Claire said dragging her to where all the pillows and blankets were set up. "For now, we're going to eat junk food and get drunk while watching Disney movies." She said making the younger Holt sister smile. It was something that she hadn't done in the past few days her life was crumbling into tiny little pieces.

Lexi took a seat between Claire and Joseph on one of the many couches Claire had in her living room.

"So what movie shall we start with?" Ian asked holding up a bunch of different movies. The selection included: Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Pinocchio, Tinker Bell, Frozen, The Aristocats, and 101 Dalmatians.

_______________

By the third movie everyone, but Joseph and Lexi had fallen asleep. "So when did you and Zayn meet?" Joseph asked not wanting to sit in an awkward silence.

"He came back on The X Factor to guest star when my band and I were on it. That was four, almost five years, ago. He supported my band and everything. Always tweeting and telling people to vote for us." Lexi said with a smile.

"He was your biggest fan?" Joseph questioned giving her a smile.

"He was, and I was his," Lexi told him. "We were so happy in the beginning. Sure there were people saying that he cheated on me and that our relationship was a publicity stunt."

"But you didn't care. You two were in love and nothing else mattered." Joseph finished for her.

"You know you're the first person to say that. Everyone else always said that we were too young to be in love. That we were stupid for moving so quickly." Lexi said laughing a bit.

"There's nothing stupid about being in love," Joseph told her. "You want some ice cream? There's this place a few blocks down from here that's open all the time."

"I would love some." Lexi said happily. She had been wanting ice cream for a while now, and finally was going to get it. "I'll write a note just in case someone wakes up before we come back." She said as he got up.