16: Private and Reality

Zayn:
Can we talk Lex?

So now you want to talk?

What happened to when I wanted to talk?

Lexi, I just want to work this out

I want to explain myself. You deserve to know the full truth on why I left

Talk

I can't see you face to face just yet

When we first met, you were the girl of my dreams. You were everything I ever wanted in a girl. Smart, funny, beautiful, nice. And when we started talking it felt like a dream come true, Lex.

And then what happened?

Was I no longer good enough for you?

No, you were and are perfect. You were too good for me Lexi. You deserved a Prince Charming, and that wasn't me. So I started to change myself to be the man you deserved. But in that process I lost who I was. I wasn't being true to myself, you, or the lads. I was becoming what everyone wanted me to be, not who I am.

Zayn, I loved you exactly how you were. I didn't need you to change for me. You were my Prince Charming

You and I both know that if we had gotten married, it would've ended in a divorce. I couldn't do that to you.

So you ended our relationship before it could lead to that?

You deserve someone that will always love you. Someone that will put you above anything else. Sadly that isn't me Lexi. We had an epic love story, but like all epic love stories it came to an end.

You're my first love, Lexi.

You're my first love too, Zayn

I hope you find yourself again

And I hope that you find someone that will love you forever
Read

Even if I'll never stop loving you
Undelivered

__________________________

Lexi let out a sigh before putting her phone down on the counter. The blonde returned her attention to the pasta that was almost done. "What is that amazing smell?" Claire asked walking into the house.

"I'm cooking." Lexi replied. "I hope you don't mind, but I invited Joseph over for dinner and movie night." Lexi told her sister. "He's bringing wine." She added.

"Not at all." Claire said sitting down on one of the stools. "Now, why do you look sad?"

"Zayn texted me." Lexi revealed. She unlocked her phone and opened the texts for Claire to see. Claire grabbed the phone and read through the texts.

"Do you forgive him?" Claire asked glancing at Lexi.

"Not yet." Lexi told her. "Maybe one day, but right now l can't."

"Do you still love him?" Claire asked.

"I'm always going to love him, Claire." Lexi said turning the gas off. "He was my first love." She said as the doorbell rang.

"That must be Joseph." Claire said getting up. "We're going to continue this later." She said before walking over to open the door.