38: Reality

Joseph took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell to Lexi's house in London. After this his relationship with Lexi wouldn't be the same. "Joe?"
Lexi asked shocked when she opened the door. Instantly a grin formed on her lips as she attacked him in a kiss. "What are you doing here?" She asked happy to see him.

"We need to talk, Lexi." Joseph said not looking her in the eyes.

"What's wrong, Joseph?" Lexi questioned letting him in. Her mind was buzzing with everything that could've happened.

"Persia came to visit the other day after you left and she told me something." Joseph said.

"Told you what?" Lexi asked frowning.

"Persia's pregnant and the child is mine." Joseph said as Lexi's eyes widened. Of all the possible outcomes Lexi had thought of that was not one of them. In fact that was probably the last thing she wanted. "I wanted to tell you myself before Persia announced it." He said looking up to see tears running down her face. Her eyes heartbroken.

"You're going to be fully involved." She stated as Joseph nodded. Despite not wanting a child with Persia, Joseph had a responsibility. He couldn't run from the responsibility. "I think we should...we should break up." Lexi said wanting to cry her heart out.

"Lex-" Joseph started.

"I love you so much, Joseph. I really do. But Persia will now forever be a part of your life, she's the mother of your child. I wish I could be selfish enough and ask you to not be a part of that child's life, but I can't." Lexi told him. "You're always going to see her, and I can't share you with her. I love you so much, but I can't stay with you." She said a tears poured out of her eyes.

"I understand." Joseph said crying.

"I'm going to stay here, I'll have someone get my stuff from the apartment. You can stay there until the lease runs out if you want." Lexi said wiping away her tears, but it was no use.

"I'm going to move back into my old apartment." Joseph told her with a sad smile. "Goodbye, Lexi." He whispered before walking out.

"Goodbye." Lexi whispered once he was gone. Her heart was once again shattered into a million tiny pieces.