42: Reality

"Why would Lexi say that?" Phoebe asked looking at the text Claire had shown her. "She and Joseph just moved in together." 

"I'm not supposed to tell you guys, but I know why." Daniel revealed with a sigh. 

"Well tell us Daniel. I did not carry all the stuff up and down apartment buildings for no reason." Paul said wondering what could have happened between the happy couple. 

"When Persia came to visit Joseph, she told him that she was four months pregnant with his child. Joseph was obviously distraught by the news, he wanted to tell Lexi himself and in person so he booked a flight to London." Daniel told them. "I assume Lexi ended their relationship." 

"But why would she end their relationship?" Danielle asked confused. 

"The man she loves is having a child with someone else. He's never going to be fully committed to her. Persia will always be a part of their lives and with all the things Persia has said about Lexi that't probably the last thing Lexi wants or needs." Claire said justifying her sister's actions. 

"And she doesn't want to come back to Atlanta because Joseph is here, along with Persia. I assume that's also why she took herself out of the group chat." Phoebe added sighing. 

"They were so happy." Nate said frowning at the news. "So what happens now? Ditch Lexi? Joseph? Act like everything is fine?" 

"Not a clue." Claire muttered. "I don't get how Persia's pregnant." 

"Well when a man and woman have inter-" Nate started. 

"I know how it happens, but her being pregnant with Joseph's child is what's confusing me." Claire said stopping him mid sentence. "Lexi and Joseph first started talking a little less than four months ago. Before that from what Joseph has told us, Persia had moved out and they were in the process of getting a divorce." She told them. 

"Joseph must've slept with Persia during the divorce process." Paul shrugged. "It's not like Persia would lie about who's child it is." 

"She hates Lexi and has blamed Lexi for Joseph going through with the divorce." Nate retorted. 

"Persia wouldn't. Would she?" Claire asked raising her eyebrow. Could Persia be lying to break up Joseph and Lexi. She wouldn't stoop that low, right?