35: Reality

Lexi set her phone down on her nightstand before exiting her room. "You ready?" Harry asked. They were all going out for the night and since Harry and Lexi lived in the same area, he had offered to drive.

"Yeah," Lexi said nodding.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked furrowing his eyebrows. She didn't look as happy as she was yesterday.

"Joseph's ex apparently made a visit to our apartment and now he's not answering any of my texts or calls," Lexi explained.

"It's probably nothing, Lex. From what you told me, he seems to be pretty much enchanted by you and completely in love." Harry reassured. "He's probably busy filming."

"You're right," Lexi said smiling. "Now let's go, the others are probably waiting."

"Aren't you going to be cold?" Harry questioned as they walked to his car.

"Obviously, But I have to look good." Lexi retorted sitting in the car.

__________

Joseph was falling apart. He didn't know what to do or how to do it anymore. Less than two days ago he and Lexi were happily moving in together. He could see their whole future together.

In a year or so he'd propose, they would take a couple of months to plan the wedding. A year or two later they would have their first child together. They would be happy and in love. All that would matter would be their family.

But now that future was slowly fading into oblivion. No longer could he see Lexi walking down the aisle looking like a queen. No longer was she at the hospital giving birth to their child while tightly clutching onto his hand. No longer were they cuddled up on a chair as their son and daughter played in the backyard of their dream home. All his hopes were gone. After she found out, he'd be surprised if she even wanted to talk to him much less date.

"Why the fuck was Persia visiting you?" Daniel asked bursting into Joseph's trailer.

"She had to tell me something important," Joseph replied not meeting Daniel's eyes. "Persia's pregnant and the last person she was with was me," Joseph added.

"Have you told Lexi?" Daniel asked sitting down.

"She was calling and texting after she read the article a assume, but I couldn't answer," Joseph said softly. His whole world was crashing down. "I tried calling her a few minutes ago, but she didn't pick up."

"She's out with her bandmates and some of the guys from One Direction," Daniel explained having seen some pictures of the group on Twitter before he stormed into Joseph's trailer. "You have to tell her, Joe. It's going to hurt her a lot more is she finds out from someone else."

"I can't tell her over text or phone. It has to be in person. I promised both Lexi and Claire that I wouldn't be like Zayn. But I also can't wait a month to tell her. Knowing Persia, she'll probably announce it soon." Joseph told him as he looked at a picture of him and Lexi kissing during their Greece vacation.

"So what are you going to do?" Daniel questioned. He didn't know what to say. Just two days ago, he and Paul had interrupted Joseph and Lexi to help them move in together. And now he was talking to Joseph about his unborn child with his ex-wife.

"I'm going to book a flight for tonight and tell Lexi myself," Joseph said frowning. "The lease for my apartment hasn't run out yet so I'll probably move back in once I get back from London."

"You're thinking worst case scenario, Joe. It might not be bad." Daniel said.

"One can hope," Joseph replied looking down.