46: Reality

Harry walked into Lexi's house to see Zayn holding Lexi's phone up high as the blonde tried to jump up and reach it. "What did I just walk into?" Harry asked laughing. Like everyone else, it had surprised him how quickly Lexi and Zayn made up. But that was also the beauty of Zexi. Not many people knew about it, but early into their friendship they promised to try their best to be there for one another. 

"Zayn won't give me my phone." Lexi whined while pouting. If Harry was being honest, Lexi looked like a cute child that wasn't getting her way. 

"Why aren't you giving Lex her phone?" Harry asked Zayn in amusement.

"She wanted to call Joseph." Zayn answered.

"I- I just miss him." Lexi said frowning. "I've been trying to keep my mind off of him, but it's so hard to now think about him." She told them as she sat down on the sofa. The two former band mates looked at one another before sitting on her sides.

"Lex..." Zayn started out. "I know you miss him and you love him a lot, but it's not just him anymore. If you're fine with having him and his ex, then call him. Hell I'll fly you out to him." Zayn said truthfully. 

"Persia hates me and all she's ever done is bad mouth me. I wouldn't be able stay sane." Lexi sighed leaning her head on Harry's shoulder. "I love him, but I can't be with him." Lexi said.

"That feeling sucks. Believe me, I know." Zayn muttered to himself as his eyes looked at Lexi while she was lost in thought. Harry was the only one to notice.

"It's a pretty shitty feeling." Harry spoke up. "I don't know about you two, but I hate feeling shitty." Lexi let out a laugh as she picked her head off of his shoulder. 

"Thanks for not letting me call him on instinct." Lexi told Zayn with a smile. "I'm glad we're friends again, Zaynie. I missed being able to talk to you about my troubles." 

"I'm glad too, Lex. I missed talking to you too." Zayn smiled 

"I missed the three of us being together." Harry spoke up. "It's been a depressing year. Let's go out to the city and grace the world with our presence." Harry suggested grinning.

"I could use a drink or so." Lexi agreed also grinning.

"It's gonna be a Zexarry night!" Zayn shouted laughing. "So no more feeling sad or missing anyone." 

"No more sadness." Lexi and Harry said in unison. For tonight they wouldn't worry about failed relationships and unforgettable loves. Tonight was for their friendship that had been through hell and was finally back on track.