Chapter 3

I look at him a bit confused: why is he smiling at me in that way? It seems like he feels relieved that I opened at him.
«Hey Cal!» a smile opens on my face.

«Everyone's at Muggy's and I wondered if you would have liked to go there with me»

«Yeah, Sel sent me a message just before you knocked. And yes I'm going with you, just give me a second. Come in»
I go wearing some make-up and wow, I can't believe he came here just to ask me to go to Muggy's together, but it is nice though.
Nobody has ever came knocking to my door except for Luke and Mike.
When I go back to the room Calum is sitting on my bed looking at the book I was reading. When he sees me he quickly put my book back on the bed as if had been caught red-handed.

«Sorry, I just saw the book here and I like reading and I was curious of what kind of books you like to read and I-»
He stops because he sees me laughing. He is so agitated just because I saw him reading the plot of the book and this makes him so sweet.

«It's fine, you can keep reading. You haven't done nothing wrong, don't be so agitated»
I take my bag and my phone «We go?»

GRACE'S POV
It's a week that Haley left for college and I'm a bit worried. I'm scared she is going to drink and smoke more now that mom can't see her but Hal says she is good and that she is not drinking that much and that she's having a cigarette occasionally. I'm also talking to Mike to make sure he is talking care of her.

I started school on wednesday and it is a bit weird not seeing Haley walking in the corridors as we went to the same school.
«Hey babe» says my boyfriend Alex giving a kiss on the corner of my mouth.

«Hey»

«Are you taking lunch?»

«No, I have my own. Are you?»

«Yeah, go wait for me at our table» he says going in line.

«I'm coming with you»
Luckily the line to take lunch is not that long.
Red hair catch my attention and the girl come in the line after us.

«Here the bitch and the asshole ladies and gentlemen» she says shouting a little bit.

«Stop Caroline» defend us Alex.

She is his ex girlfriend  and she doesn't accept that he broke up with her to be engaged with me.

«No, I'm not stopping Alex. You fucking broke up with me for this fucking bitch» she says yelling angry.

I try to speak but Alex precede me.
«Turn down the volume and don't speak to her like this, here the only bitch is you. You think I didn't know you were going out with Eric?» he tries to keep calm.

«I wasn't going out with Eric» she says now low tone.

«I saw you fucking kissing him» he yells now.
At this point all the canteen is watching us and I'm tired of this, is from the start of the school that this is keep going.

«Caroline live your life without bother anyone else. You made a mistake and now you pay the consequences.»

She looks at me surprised: I'm not the  kind of person that answer the insults of other people toward myself. I usually keep my insults for them to myself.

«Shut up you kid. I don't pay any consequences, Alex is mine» she says grabbing my hair and starting to pull them. Alex quickly take her hands off me.

«I'm not yours. Touch her again and you're gonna see it with me» he says shouting angry.

Two of the teachers that has just came into the canteen run over us to see what's happening and, as Caroline starts coming towards me again with her hands in front of her body ready to attack me again, Alex pushes me behind his back stopping the red haired girl and shouts at her. The teachers are now between us.

«You three come to the headteacher. Now» she says shouting the last word.
My mom's gonna kill me.

HALEY'S POV
It has been a beautiful night staying with my friends. We ate at Muggy's and we played billiards. I couldn't play so Calum helped me.

«Grab the cue like this» he whispered in my ear while standing behind me. Già chest pressed to my back. Then he hit the billiard ball with the cue covering my hand with his.
Images of the last night come trough my mind reminding me how I was feeling in that moment with him so close to me. The heat of his chest on my back was the most beautiful feeling I ever had. I admit that in that moment my mind fucked up and I was doing thought not that much chaste.

Laying on my bed I was thinking about the moment I spent today with him. I really felt so well, the best moment from Allison's death. Staying here with my friends, far from home, where always reminds me of her, I was thinking less about Ally and I'm also not smoking or drinking that much.

«What are you thinking about?» Selena asks.

«Uhmm» I say embarrassed as I was thinking about her friend «Nothing»
She gives me a look that mean she doesn't believe me.

«What do you think about Calum?»
Oh my God, what do I say now?
"Sound disinterested Haley" I think trying to come up with something to say.

«He is a good boy» this is all what I can think about and inside of me I want to slap me for what I just said.
"You even spent time thinking on this, aren't you ashamed from yourself?" My conscience is kidding me.
"You go away, I don't have time to think also about you"

«This is all you have to say about him? Today at Muggy's you came together and don't think I wasn't looking at you when we were playing billiard!» she says smirking at me. «So why you came together?» she continues curious.

«He just came here saying that you all were there and he gave me a ride»

«What ride?» she says doing a mischievous glance.

I widen my eyes and, covering my face became red, I shake my head shouting an "Oh my God."
She continues talking about Cal for the next five minutes and I'm trying to look like im not too interested at him. Since she asks the famous question: «Do you like him?»