Chapter 26

School has started again and everything is routine. School, dorms, homework, sometimes we hung out all together, sometimes I spend the whole day with Calum.
During the Christmas holiday Michael and Crystal started to hung out together and now they are always on the phone talking or texting. He seems happier. He waited so long for her to talk to him and now he is so happy that he almost doesn't have time for us anymore. Anytime that we go out he is always on his phone and now we don't even try to talk to him because he is not even listening to us. He is only physically present but with his mind he is in the 'Mystal world'.

In two weeks is February 13 and me and Calum are going to Hawaii. I am really excited for this. I've never been in holiday alone with my friends and the fact that I'm going with my boyfriend is so amazing.

«Haley are you with us?» my fiction-writing teacher calls me.

«Eh? Oh yeah»

«Good. So as I was saying you'll be working in groups to write a story. They must be of three people or at least 2»

The class raises happy shouts but I'm not really happy. I don't like working in groups: I won't have the freedom to write what I want because they may don't like it, I may don't like what they write, they may don't want to work and I'll be the one writing the story but they will get the grade as well.

Without thinking about it I put my hand up. When Miss sees me I start talking about my idea of not working in groups.

«Why?» she doesn't understand why I don't like it, usually everyone likes to work in groups.

I explain her my 'problems' but she doesn't give up and start saying that it is normal if someone doesn't like what I write and if I don't like what they write and that we have to write the best parts of each of us to create the story. I pant heavily and she looks at me in disagree but with a little smile on her face.
She is so nice. She can't really be mad at someone.

And the worste part is that she will choose the groups.

«.....Haley you're with» she looks down at the paper in her hands and then speaks again «Kendall and Josh»

Ah, yeah Josh comes in this school now and unfortunately he is in most of my classes.

«What? No way» I shout.

«Come on baby we'll have fun» he passes his tongue on his lower lip and then he bites it. I make a revulsion noise.

I can't believe this happened to me. The guy for whom I suffered because of what he has done to me now is in my class and I have to do a work with him and I'm not ready at all. How can he be like this? He beat me when he was the person I used to trust more in my life.

Two hands around my waist and a head on my shoulder make me turn my head to the left to see who it is.
As I turn some lips are on mine and I recognise Calum's taste.

«Hey babe» he whispers sitting next to me.

«Hey Asian» I ruffle his hair.

«Hello Haley» almost shouts Taylah. She seems very happy today..... I wonder what happened.

«Hi Tay. Why are you so happy?» I say while Calum complains because she didn't say hi to him.

She can't even start to speak that Travis appears behind her hugging her waist. Now I get it.

«She is so mean. I always say hi to her» Calum still complains....He seems offended and I can't not laugh seeing him making this voice and this face.

He pants «everyone is annoying today» and he stands up but I take his hand and I make him sit again.

«Aww you're so cute together» says a fake voice behind us....How not to recognise that annoying voice? I turn and, in fact, Josh is watching us.