Chapter 9

«Hey guys what are we doing tonight?» ask Levi when we are at the canteen for lunch time.

«What do you wanna do? It's the weekend we cannot stay out late» Tay reminds to him.

During the week we have curfew at 9 and we can't be late.

«I don't know. We may go to the pizzeria close to the campus»

«Yeah this could be an idea» Travis adds.

«For me it's okay, what about you Hal?» Calum asks me.

He is holding me while I'm sitting on his legs.
«Yeah, it's fine» I answer.

When everybody agrees we decide to go there this night instead of eating at the canteen.
--
«What do you wear Sel?»

«I'm wearing this black dress. What about you?»

«I don't know. You think I should wear a dress or simple jeans and a shirt?»

«Wear a dress. Show Calum how cool you are» and she makes a malicious grin.

«Oh stop it»
I open my closet and choose a black skirt and a black top with pink flowers. As accessories I take a necklace with a cross and two bracalets. I put on my black shoes and go to Sophia's room to advice her that we are ready to go.

Arrived at the pizzeria we look for a table for nine people.

We find one next to the big glass window.

I sit with Calum to my right and Selena to my left, next to Sel sits Sophia and in front of her Travis. Next to him there are Chanel, Michael and Taylah. Next to Calum sits Levi. 

 «Did I told you you're beautiful tonight?» ask me Calum putting his right arm around my waist and pulling me close to him and then leave me a tender kiss on the lips.

 «No, you didn't» I smile at him «am I beautiful only tonight?» I ask him faking a sad face.

«You're always beautiful baby» he kisses my nose.

«Guys you're so cute together» Taylah says with heart eyes.

Everybody move their look toward us.

«You guys make me have diabetes» Levi says

«Yeah guys you're beautiful. You make me want to have a boyfriend» says Sophia a bit sad.

«Oh I'm here for that» Travis says.

She become red in the face.

«Travis stop» Selena scold him given that she knows that he's doing the idiot and seeing the sad face of Soph when she said that it's not the case of doing it.

  The evening continues quietly between squalid jokes made by Calum and laughs because Travis and Levi are hitting on the waitresses.

After have eaten antipasto Travis and Taylah go out to smoke.

Selena told me Taylah likes him and that maybe he likes her back but both of them are too busy enjoying their life going with every boys/girls they like.

I'm talking to Michael when the door opens and a tall, black haired and blue eyed guy enter. Freshly grown dark beard is around his lips with that snigger that never left him: Josh.

As Michael sees I'm not paying attention to what he is saying but to something behind him, he turns toward the door and his face turns pale just like mine.

Josh is my ex "boyfriend". It wasn't really my boyfriend: he used me like a punching bag on which he vented his anger.

«Guys are you ok?» Chanel asks.
At this point everyone at the table is watching us.

«N-no» I says a bit scared and I quickly take Calum's arm to bring it on my shoulder and I hid in his chest as to protect me.

«What's wrong sweetheart?» he asks hugging me thighter.

«That boy who just entered» Michael answers for me.

Calum is looking at me confused and I can see Josh coming closer to our table.
«Oh shit» Mike says

«Hey beautiful. Nice to see you again» he does that smile with only the left part of his mouth raised.

«Josh what are you doing here?» says Michael trying to contain his anger.

«How come? We don't see for three years and all you have to tell me is "what are you doing here"?»

«Josh go away» I say.

Calum looks at me and tries to talk but Josh precede him.
«Why? I'm okay here» he replies with his snigger.

«Who is he Hal?» Cal asks me whispering, but Josh heard him anyway.

«Oh who are you? Her new boyfriend? Haley you haven't told him about me, I feel offended now.»

«Josh leave»

«You like saying my name don't you? I remember how you screamed it. It was, and still is, so beautiful to hear when it come out of your beautiful mouth. So sweet, so delicate. Uhmm.» he says that "Uhmm"  as how you say it when you taste something good.

«I'm Josh by the way. Her exboyfriend. As I can see you haven't still gone trough the exboyfriends phase» he continues without any idea of stopping it and leaving us alone.

In the meantime Taylah and Travis come back and they take their sits looking at Josh.
«Hi!» says Taylah blinking her eyes again and again. Damn that girl..I can't believe it. She's flirting with Josh.

Yes he is a beautiful guy, no one doubt about it, but he is a very bad guy.

«Hey blond girl. What's your name?»

«Taylah. What's yours?»

«Such a beautiful name, just like you» he winks «I'm Josh baby»

«Thank you» she says still blinking.
I can see Michael nudging her as to tell her to stop but she does a sign with her shoulder as to say "What's wrong with flirting?" But she doesn't know that it isn't wrong flirting but doing it with Josh.

«Hal if you get bored by this idiot you know you can come back to me. Remember the good times?» he says laughing, nasty.

Without I can keep it in, a tear cross my face from my eye to my neck.
«Oh little Haley don't cry. Don't you remember what good times we spent together?» he says faking to be worried but then laughing.

«You had good times tortuting me, not me certantly. And don't talk to Calum like this. He's not you» I answer.

«Admit that you had fun aswell little Haley. I remember how well you screamed my name»

«Now stop it» Calum stands up «you stayed long enough here, now it's your time to go» he says angry.

Josh starts laughing «I'm leaving when I want to»

«Josh go fuck yourself. Move your ass out of here» Travis says.

He laughs but finally leave.
«It was nice to meet you all. See you guys» he continues laughing.

«Haley are you ok?» asks me Levi.
I move my head from the left to the right twice.

«Do you want to home?» Cal asks kissing the top of my head and hugging me.

«Yes» I say whispering.
--
Once we get to the campus Calum comes to my room.
I change myself and then I go to bed where he is waiting for me.
I go under my blanket and I invite Calum to do the same.
I hug him tight and put my head on his chest. He put his arm around me and he intertwine our legs.
«Do you want me to sleep with you?»
I nod.