Chapter 14

In the car reigns the silence broken only by the rain slamming violently on the windows.

Calum is driving carefully looking at the street made difficult by the rain. For many times his hands grips the steering wheel so much that his knuckles became white.

He cannot stop thinking about the words spoken by Haley's grandma. They are echoing in his head making him going crazy. Simple words that made him so angry that he got up from the chair making it squeak on the floor. Everybody in the room stayed in silence after the words spoken and by his action.

«Mom why did you say that?» he heard Saffron saying to Carol, her mother, while he was quickly walking outside the Victorian style house.

He couldn't believe to what she said. Why has Haley hidden him a thing so important?
He was angry because she didn't tell him, because for some reason she didn't trust him and because he has never noticed anything.

Haley went outside looking for him and she found him walking up and down in the courtyard with his hands on his hair and shaking his head nervously.

«Calum» she whispered trying to take his hand.

He shoo it away «leave me alone Haley»

«No» she whispered back afraid of making him more angry than he already was.

«Why didn't you tell me it Haley?» he says shouting a bit.

«I didn't think it was important. It happened three years ago»

«Of course it was important Haley. He fucking beat you» Calum shouts at her.

He felt so bad when Carol said that. He felt out of Haley's life without knowing a thing so important.

And when Haley didn't have the courage to answer he went to take the car and he speeded on the concrete courtyard.

She looked at him speeding in front of her and she felt so bad knowing that it was her fault if he gets so mad at her.

Now, sitting on the black leather sits of Calum's car in their way to his mom's house, she is biting her nails nervously and scared that he is not going to forgive her. She is fighting in her head indecided wether to try to speak to him or not.

She opts for the first one «do you want to continue like this for these next four days or you're going to talk to me?»

«Really Haley?» he laughs nervously then he pauses.

«You really can't realized what you did? I'm your fucking boyfriend and you didn't talk to me about a thing so important» he shouts the last sentence.

He feels so mad and his face become red because of his anger.
He really cannot think that her girlfriend didn't tell him a thing so important.

And thinking that he always exchange some word with Josh when he met him makes him feeling worse.
Also what happened to the pizzeria made him feeling bad because he didn't ask anything to Haley to find out why she knew him. But he trusted her and he thought he knew everything about her life.

«I'm sorry Cal» she whispers.

He shake his head without saying a word.

After the long journey immersed in the silent they finally arrive to a big house.
Through the big black gate Haley can see a big grassland that surround the white modern house.
A swimming pool is on the left side of the lawn.

Her eyes open wide at that sight. She knew Calum was alright economically but she didn't think so much.

When she get off the car, a dark haired woman welcome them on the door.