Chapter 21

"We all want to fall in love. Why? Because that experience makes us feel completely alive.
Where every sense is heightened, every emotion is magnified, our everyday reality is shattered and we are flying into the heavens.
It may only last a moment, an hour, an afternoon. But that doesn't diminish its value.
Because we are left with memories that we treasure for the rest of our lives."

It's true.

Yes, it's completely true: this experience make us feel completely alive.

When people used to tell me how they were happy and alive after they found love I was like "a simple thing like love can't make you feel alive. How can it?"

I used to think that people in love were crazy: crazy to bond their life with one of someone else; crazy to think that love makes you feel alive; crazy that an hour after they've seen their boyfriend they already miss him and they were attached to their phone chatting or talking with him.

But now I have to change my mind.
That "simple thing" really makes you feel alive. It really makes you miss the person you love only after an hour you have seen him.

I've experienced this thing in these two days when Calum went home for his sister's birthday.
Which then, to be honest, they weren't even two days because he left Friday at 5pm and he came back Sunday, that was yesterday, at 12pm. He only stayed one full day with his family and I missed him so much.

I missed to hug and kiss him. I missed to stay in his arms that make me feel home. I missed how he use to hold me so thight that I can't even breathe. I missed the fragrance of his parfume. I missed him.

When yesterday he knocked to my door I wasn't expecting it was him because he told me that he would have come back at 5pm.

As I opened the door I jumped on him with my legs to surround his waist, my hands on his face and my lips on his.
His arms went behind my back holding me thight.

In that moment I really realized how love make you lose the reason.

"How can you miss someone so much after a day that you don't see him?" I used to ask. Well.....now I know. Now I know that feeling when you see him the next hour, the next day.

I really fell for Calum.

He is amazing, handsome and-

«Miss Mcnight do you want to share with us your thoughts that, apparently, are more important than my lesson?» the annoying voice of my science teacher distracts me from my thoughts that, honestly, were more important than his stupid lesson.

«They actually are sir» I answer.

Science is the most boring lesson ever. Who cares about a power station?

«Excuse me?» he says angry and unbelievable.

«Yeah, you heard me»

«You don't mind then going out of my class until the next lesson»

«With pleasure»

I take my stuff and I go out under the look of the whole class and Sophia's that looks at me in a way to say "are you mad?"

But I don't care. I just go out of the classroom and, to avoid that some teachers sees me and starts asking question at which I don't want to answer, I go to the toilet.

I don't know why I answered the teacher, it's a lot of time that it didn't happen.

After Ally's death I used to answer in a bad way to the teachers a lot, but I've always been a person that studied a lot.