II

Isis
"Sorry if seems a bit messy, Lance doesn't know what cleaning up means." Charity said as we walked into her house.

"You good," I said. I walked towards the living room and saw Lance sitting on the couch, watching a basketball game. "Hey, Lance." I greeted.

"Oh hey wassup." He said getting up to hug me. "Charity ain't say you were dropping by."

"Nigga yes I did." She said grabbing a seat next to him.

"Well, I'm here." I chuckled awkwardly. I took a seat on the couch as well and pulled out my phone. "So where's your friend?"

"In the kitchen." He said. "Ayo B, Charity's homegirl here."

Once I heard the fridge close and footsteps walking towards us I looked up from my phone and up at the dude. I had then realized that it was the same dude who attempted to talk to me.

"Isis this my nigga Kam, Kam this the homie Isis."

"What's good ma." He greeted, giving me a wink.

"I know you," I said. "You the dude from the corner."

"Oh shit." Lance laughed. "Is that the broad you were telling me who curved you the other day?"

"Ayy Lance, watch it." Charity said, slapping the back of his head. "Don't be calling my sis out her name like that."

"Period," I said giving her a dap. I then focused my attention on Lances's friend."And you must've been in your bag if you calling me a 'broad' and whatnot."

"I mean if you would've just spoken to me and allowed for fa' us to exchange names and shit, I wouldn't have called you outta ya' name." Kam shrugged.

"I didn't feel like conversating with a stranger at the moment." I simply said.

"Technically, we not strangers no more if we on some first name basis, now," He said.

"Oh really?" I asked.

"Really." He mimicked. "So I'on wanna hear no excuse as to why you won't talk to a nigga." He said, rubbing his goatee. I didn't know what else to say after he said that.

"Aye look, we goin finna go upstairs and let y'all have some privacy, " Lance said as him and Charity and stood up, making their way up the stairs. Kam and I were now alone and nothing but an awkward silence had filled the room.

"Sooo." He said, taking a seat next to me.

"Soo, can you like back up," I suggested. "Making me slightly uncomfortable."

"My bad." He scooted back a bit. "So anyway, I just wanna say how I feel really attracted to you ma."

"How are you attracted to me when we've just met?"

"Fa' one you seem like a catch and I fuck wit' it." He said licking his bottom lip. "Plus, I can tell how you act that you not with the bullshit and that you carry ya'self like a lady."

"Boy." I smiled. "Your such a sweet talker."

"Only around women like you." He smirked. His flirty personality is so funny to me, I couldn't help but laugh a little. What I also couldn't help doing but glancing over his direction. When we "met" the first time, I wasn't paying attention to what he looked like but now...I can say that he's kind of fine.