VI

Kam
"So Kam'ron." Isis started again. She's been asking me hella questions since she got back and I'm starting to get annoyed.

"Yes Isis."

"How long you been selling for?"

"Not gon' hold you, but ever since I was in the 8th grade. I grew up in a middle class type of house so my folks had the money but didn't if that makes sense."

"By why so young? What could you have possibly wanted?"

"I ain't necessarily want nothing at first.. it's just that my boys were doing it so I asked to get out on. At first, I almost got caught a few times by the feds but as I got older I gotten better with being a bit more aware." I said. "But during my sophomore year in high school, my school started talking to us 'bout college and shit and at first I wasn't tryna hear it."

"I think college would be good for you. Yeah it's a bit overrated at times but having a degree is like your secret weapon in this world." She stated. "Plus I can see you having your own actual business too."

"And see that's the thing, I wanna go to school but I'm just not sure when." I said honestly. I could've been left the game and took the different route but I got too devoted in the fast money making lifestyle. Best believe I'mma go, before all this good knowledge leaves my brain ya know.

"But enough about my future goals, you really enjoy that hair shit?"

"I do, I really do." She started and smiled. "Not only am I trying to do hair but I want to be able to do nails and lashes, I mean the whole nine yards."

"That's wassup man." I said.

"Yeah, that's why I have entrepreneurship as my main major so in the future I can get my own business."

"Shit well I'm ya biggest supporter ma', just remember that I gotchu and make sure you get steered in the right direction."

"Awww Kamm." She cooed. "I appreciate that."

I gave her a lil' smile before kissing her lips a few times. "Just don't be practicing doing hair on me."

"Whatt, why?"

"Cause I ain't with that shit man."

"You're such a pooper." She said mugging me.

"I'm just being honest with you ma'." I shrugged. "But tell me why you don't mess with your pops like that."

I remember back on our mall date that she briefly said how she ain't mess with her pops so I was curious. And wanted her to see that a nigga be paying attention.

"I mean I just don't see him as a father figure." She shrugged. "He was barely there when I was younger, but then again he had gotten arrested."

"What he do?"

"Selling and dealing." She said. "He was doing that for 30 years, started at 13 years old."

"Damn, he some legend type shit." I said.

"Yeah, but while he was in prison he started cheating on my mom with a few women who had came to visit him." She started. "But what really hurt me was how once he took his Shahada, he told my mother how he has a wife and if she wanted to still be in his life then my mother would have to convert too."