Chapter 14: Friday night out

Oliver and Felicity walked into the beautiful new restaurant with their arms locked at the elbows. She looked up at Oliver and gave him a big smile. They followed the hostess to the table and sat down.
It was a small but very pretty restaurant with a wall of windows that looked over the beautifully lit city that they both love so much.
Their seat was right next to a window. This was surprising because the whole restaurant was full and there was still a line of people waiting to be seated.
"How did you get this spot?" Felicity asked genuinely. "We only called like two days ago for our reservations."

"One of Thea's  friends father is the owner of here and three other popular restaurants in star city so I asked her to talk to him for us."

The waiter came over with their drinks. Oliver got a scotch and Felicity got a water.

"There are still a few things you don't know about me."

"Really? Name one." She said in disbelief

"The five years I was away, I wasn't always on the island of lian yu."

"I thought so. Where were you?" She asked now very interested

"Hong Kong for one." And I've been thinking a lot recently about my time there. The choices I had to make."

"I'm sorry." She said

"No I'm sorry, I'm just a bit out of my element."  The entire time that I was gone, I could never completely trust someone." And when that goes on for to long, you stop seeing people for people." All you see is threats or targets."
"And when I came home, I didn't know how to turn that part of me off." And then I walked into your office." You were the first person I could see and a person." There was just something about you"

"Yeah, I was chewing on a pen."

"It was red." She could not believe that Oliver could remember her this so perfectly. It put a smile on her face and it really made her see how much he really cared for her.

"Felicity, I love you." This shocked her at first and it honestly kind of scared her too but she soon realized that it's nothing to be afraid of and that she loved him too and that she has for a while.
"I love you too." Saying these four small words made everything feel so different, so real and she loved it. This made her feel like she would never be alone again.
This is something Oliver has never felt before.
He had many short term relationships in the past but he has never truly been in love. And he is happier now than he ever was.

They walked down the street together Felicity rested her head on his shoulder and he had his arm around her on her shoulder. They got to Felicity's apartment and they stopped.
"I had a really good time tonight." Felicity said.
"Me too." Oliver said
Before he could say anything else she kissed him hard. She pushed him against the door not breaking their kiss. Oliver deepening the kiss pushed her against the wall that was next to the door. Felicity broke the kiss "lets go inside".
Oliver just shook his head and followed her inside.

Ok this took longer than I thought it would to write but I wasn't completely sure what I wanted to do with this chapter so it took me some time to figure that out but I'm going to be working on next chapter tonight and tomorrow because on Wednesday my school was closed because of mold so I don't have to go back until Monday plus when I go back I have a split scheduled with the high school so school won't start until twelve every day for the next few months so you can expect updates more often.