Chapter 20: engagement

Felicity's POV

"Oliver lets go,we're giving to be late!" I call up the steps.

"Sorry honey." Oliver said running down the stairs.

It's been about four months since I found out I was pregnant and we're going to the doctors for a check up.

In the waiting room

"Do you think we are going to find out if it's a girl or a boy?" Oliver asked excitement clearly in his voice.

"I don't know. I was thinking, what if we wait. You know it will be a surprise when it's born." I told him hesitant.

"I think that would be perfect." He said giving me a wide smile.

I smiled back. Than we heard a nurse call my name. We followed her into a small but cozy room. It had pictures of different kinds of animals like elephants, giraffes,cats, etc.

"You can have a seat." The nurse told me. "The doctor shouldn't be long."

I sat on the thinly padded bed and waited anxiously for the doctor. After about five minutes the doctor came into the room.

"Hi, I'm doctor Brian." The young woman said happily.

I laid down on my back and lifted my shirt to show my stomach. The doctor put a cold gel all over my stomach. She moved around the small Handel around the top of my belly.
I saw a smile stretch across the doctors face.

"Would you like to know the gender of your baby?" She asked with a smile.

Mine and Oliver's face grew into bright smile and we looked at each other.

"No, we want it to be a surprise." Oliver said looking down at me, his smile getting bigger.

"Okay, well by the looks of it your baby is healthy and is developing at the right pace." She told us.

She handed me a napkin and told Oliver and I we could leave when we were ready.

Oliver's POV

"Your going to do great, Ollie." Thea told me.

I was about to give my mayoral speech about the terrorist acts on the city last year. Although other people didn't know it, me and the rest of the team knew it was Damian and the ghosts who did it.

"I'll be here waiting when you're done." Felicity told me.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek and whispered in her ear "your coming with me."

I grabbed her hand and pulled her up with me to the platform where I would give my speech.

The people began to cheer and I began my speech.

"Thank you everyone, this week an event just like this was interrupted by terrorists. But all of us are here tonight to send those people a very simple message, we're not going to let the darkness win. So all of us are here to light a candle together, united." I spoke. I turned around and the tree behind me lit up with lights and I started again. "This right there is possible because of all of you, and I am grateful for all of you. There is one person I am especially grateful for." I looked over at Felicity and I saw her pointing at herself confused. " yes you, you stood beside me when times where darkest she is the one who lights my way." I slowly got down on one knee and I saw her eyes begin to water and a bright smile gleamed across her face. "Felicity smoak, you make me the happiest man on the face of the earth."

Taken from words she nodded her head yes than after a few seconds she said yes. She got down an her knees and kissed me. When she pulled away a put the diamond ring on her finger.

In the car home

Felicity was admiring the large ring on her finger. "I love you so much." She said looking at me than down at her stomach.

"This baby is so lucky to have you as a father." She said.

"It's luckier to have you as a mother." I told her and kissed her. It was a long and passionate kiss. We where interrupted when the car came to an all of a sudden stop.

"What going on." I leaned forward to the driver. Before he could answer guns began to fire.

"Get down!" I yelled to Felicity.

She laid down with her hands over her head. I saw her look down at her stomach and a tears began to fall from her eyes.

"You're going to be fine." I said.

I saw that the driver has been shot multiple times. I pulled him out of the seat and jumped in. I hit the gas and the car hit the one that was blocking us. I kept driving until I was sure we where out of sight from the ghosts.

"Felicity it's okay, it's over." I said. When I didn't get any kind of response I got scared. I got out of the car and opened the back door. What I saw I almost couldn't believe. I pulled Felicity out of the car. She was shot twice in the back.