Chapter 21: the accident

Oliver's POV

Me an Felicity's mother waited in the hall outside of Felicity's operation room. We where both there for over three hours and Donna was beginning to get anxious.

"She is going to be fine." I told her.

"I know she is, it's just, i don't know, some part of my mind is saying that she isn't." Donna said breaking into tears.

We saw her surgeon walk out of their room toward us. Both of us stood up quickly.

"I Don't know how to say this. Umm, Felicity has permanent spinal cord injuries. She is paralyzed from the waist down." The doctor said said softly.

Hearing this donna began to sob. "My baby's never going to walk again."

"Mr.queen, I'm so sorry. We did everything we could but you baby, umm she didn't make it." He told me placing his hand on my arm.

I couldn't believe what he just said. I should have had a baby girl. But Damian took her away from me. I sat down and put my face in my hands and began to cry.

The doctor came over and put his hand on my shoulder "you could go see her. She isn't up yet but she should be very soon."

Not being able to speak over my sobs I nodded my head yes.

I stood up slowly and began for the door of her room. I stopped at the handle and wiped my face from any tears.

I walked in slowly and saw Felicity still asleep. She was almost unrecognizable, her face was very pale and her eyes where dark and sunken in and her lips where chapped. I couldn't bare to see her like this. I sat next to her the only thought in my mind was how I'm going to tell her that we lost the baby.

I saw her beginning to move around in her sleep.

Her eyes fluttered open and she looked over at me. "Hey."

"Hey, sorry I haven't been here before your other surgeries." I said ashamed. "It's unforgivable."

"Only if you where in Bali or something." She joked weakly. "Where you in Bali?"

"No,I uh..." I began needing to find the right words.

"Beating the streets?" She cut off. "Probably a lot of people looking for Darhk."

"I didn't want to come see you until Darhk was off the board." I told her.

"Any luck?" She asked.

"We're working some leads" I told her unimpressed by my work.

"Tell me you didn't go off the rails." She said worried.

"Well... It's just... I can't help but think that the reason Darhk is Winning is because I'm not willing to do what is truly necessary. And that if I had, maybe you wouldn't be here right now. And I don't know what the point in me being the green arrow is if I can't keep those I love safe." I told her.

"Well what's the point if you loose yourself in the process?"

"Yeah." I said looking down.

"There is something else we need to talk about. The doctors, they say that I'm... Um.." She stuttered

"I know." I told her.

"My point being is that we didn't really exchange vows, so the whole for better, or worse thing doesn't really apply here." She said as her eyes began to water.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm saying that maybe the real reason you haven't been here is because..." She started letting a few tears escape from her eyes.

"Felicity." I said cutting her off. I stood up and pulled a small black box out of my pocket. "The E.R nurse took this off of you, how dare she." I said putting the engagement ring on her finger. "For better or worse."

"Yeah." She said.

" but Felicity there is one more thing we need to talk about." I told her with a shaky voice.

"What." She asked concerned.

"It's about the baby."

"What's wrong." She asked sitting up a bit and getting very worried.

"She-she didn't make it." I said letting tears roll down my face.

"No, no this can't be real. This can't actually be happening." She cried.

I looked down so I wouldn't have to see the hurt in her eyes.

"Felicity, she's gone." I said through my tears.

"No, not our little Sofia. She can't be gone. I never even got a chance to hold her in my arms." Felicity sobbed. "I never got a chance to tell her how much her mommy loves her."

I couldn't stand to hear Felicity's cry's. It hurt so bad. I walked over to the other side of her bed and climbed in. I put my arm around her as she buried her wet face into my chest.

Im sorry if I made u cry. I made myself cry while writing this. Anyway I know it's a bit late but happy holidays.