Chapter 24: the big day

Narrator's POV

Caitlin and Thea stood next to the bride in their  elegant light pink bridesmaids dresses.  Felicity sat in her wheelchair in her wedding dress. She had a look of sadness in her eyes. "You know, for someone about to get married you don't look as happy as expected." Caitlin said, worried about her friend. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just... as a child I've always imagined being able to walk down the aisle, not wheel myself down." As she said this a tear fell down her cheek.

Thea kneeled down in front of her, placing her hands on her knees. "Look at me. Today is your wedding day, you should be happy. Whether you are walking down that aisle or not, you are marrying the best man I've ever met."

Felicity sighed.  "I know. And I know I shouldn't be feeling sorry for myself, but it's like I was given all this hope just for it to be ripped right out of my hands."

"There is still a chance you could walk." Caitlin said reassuringly "it might not be for your wedding, but at there is still a chance that you could walk soon."

Felicity looked at herself in the mirror. She looked beautiful with her long blonde hair pulled up. She noticed a sudden shift in her mood. She turned to look and her two best friends "no, I'm going to walk down this aisle." She stated firmly.

"What?" Thea and Caitlin asked in unison.

Felicity didn't say anything she just gripped her hands in the armrests of the wheelchair. "Felicity what ate you doing?" Thea asked running over to help her.

"I'm going to walk down the aisle on my wedding day, that's what I'm doing." 

"Felicity, please sit back down. We don't need you to get hurt." Caitlin tried to convince her.

Felicity sat back down. "I'm sorry, but I have to at least try."

Thea and Caitlin exchanged questioning looks before sighing "fine." They each grabbed and arm and helped her up. They both gripped her tightly.

Felicitys foot moved slightly. "It's working!" She gleamed.

She took a very small, slow step. "Oh my god." Caitlin smiled.

Felicity continued taking small steps as the other two girls loosened their grips. Eventually she was moving with only a slight limp. Thea smiled, "I think it's time for you to walk down that aisle.

The large double doors of the church opened. Everyone in the church turned their head but they couldn't see felicity. After a few moments she stepped into sight. The whole church filled with a gasp. Felicitys mother covered her mouth in shock as she saw her daughter begin walking.

Oliver did the same, beginning to tear up. Felicity smiled as she got closer to her love. When she got to the alter Oliver was crying "how- when did this happen?" He asked smiling.

"Literally five minutes ago." She laughed, making Oliver chuckle.

As they exchanged vows the more tears of joy were shed. Finally the priest announced to kiss the bride. Oliver lightly put his hand on her cheeks and pulled her in as soon as their lips met the room filled with cheers.