Chapter 2

Steve stood in front of an empty blank canvas which was set on a wooden easel, paintbrush in hand. He was there since an hour or so ago, but no ideas seem to come up, not even a single stroke of paintbrush. He needed to finish a painting as soon as possible, it has been months since his last one, he needed a new one. No matter how hard he tried to find inspiration for his work, nothing caught his interest, he couldn't just paint anything, nobody would buy his work if so.

His moments of thinking hard was cut short when his phone rang, an unknown number displayed on the screen, a potential buyer, maybe? So, he picked it up.

"Hello?" he asked.

"It's me," the caller said, Steve looked at the number again, clearly confused who this was.

"Uh- who? Adele?"

"What?! No, I helped you through the group of reporters." Ohhh, yeah her, he remembered.

"Ohh yeah, yeah. Thanks by the way I was about to thank-"

"Your welcome. I need to see you right now," she cut his words.

"See me? What do you mean see me?"

"I mean we meet again."

"What? What for?! I'm very busy right now sorry."

"Uh huh, how can someone be very busy but still manages to answer a phone call from a stranger? Hmmm... busy yeah I can tell, very very very busy right?" She said as a matter of factly.

Steve sighed, damn she's complicated, "what do you want?"

"I want to meet you again." Oh dear, is she one of those creepy stalkers, oh no. Why would she keep on insisting to meet again?

"Uh- What for?"

"Business."

"Business? What business?"

"You see, I'm a journalist. I'm surprised you don't actually know me. I want to interview you for my newest feature article about you. I mean you just showed up after months disappearing from the public. People surely want to know things."

"I told you I'm busy," he was not in the mood to talk to anyone right now.

"Rather than you spend the rest of the day telling yourself you're busy while you're actually not doing anything, you should make yourself actually busy by meeting me right now and get this interview started shall we?"

Steve gave another sigh, there's no way he can turn down a lady's offer can he? "Okay, okay. Where?"

"I'll send you an address pick me up in 10." Beep, beep, beep, beep, his phone beeped as she hanged up. First of all, what the heck was that. Second, he didn't even know her name, so he named her contact 'DO NOT TRUST THIS WOMAN'. Third, since when did the person getting interviewed needs to be the one who picks up the interviewer? He's pretty sure it doesn't work like that. Sheesh, he was baffled.

###

Steve drove to the location on his luxurious Mercedes-Benz, about 20 minutes off the schedule. He recognized the flash of fiery red hair and drove closer to the person, he rolled down the windows to make sure it was the same person he met that day in the cafe. She noticed his car and peeked inside to look at him, she opened the door and hopped in.

"Hi," she greeted.

"Hi."

"Natasha Romanoff," she stretched her hand out to him, offering a handshake.

"Steve Rogers."

"Alright, now, let's go to that photo studio just on the end of the street. We're late," she said immediately, avoiding any awkward silence.

"Late for what?"

"Just see."

"And you do know I'm not your driver, right?" He remarked.

She looked at him and said, "what? You want me to drive?"

###

Just as they reached the end of the street, they got off and went into a photo studio. Inside Natasha's colleagues were already waiting.

"Yes! Hold that pose right there! Okay, look this way. Nice!" The man on the camera instructed to the man in a really fancy suit and sunglasses. As the both walked closer to them, the fancy guy seemed to notice Steve.

"Steve! My friend! I've been waiting for you!" the man said

"Tony? Why are you here? Where's Pepper?" he said and Pepper, his girlfriend, showed up right beside Tony and beamed at him

"Natalie here told me that she was gonna interview you, so I came here just to meet you! It's been so long man! The last time I met you was in your engage-" Pepper knew what he was going to stay could maybe hurt Steve and gave Tony a glare and shook her head, "anyways I missed you man!" he said and gave Steve a hug. Steve later found out that Natasha works for Tony, but Tony never looks at her like she's her worker, he considers her a really close friend instead.

"Steve, this is Peter Parker, he'll take your pictures to be put in the article," she introduced the photographer and explained why they were here. Soon, Steve was standing in front of a white background getting his picture taken by Peter, Tony and Natasha watched from the sidelines. He struck some poses, but they just weren't working although Peter already instructed him to do some stuff, so Natasha got into the frame and shove some model sense into him.

"Here, put your hand over here, and look that way, chin up a little bit. There," she said as she positioned his hands and lifted his chin with her hands.

"You really are clueless in posing, aren't you?" she teased as she fixed his strands of hair which was a bit tousled, he chuckled at her remark. Tony and Peter watching the two up close all the while.

"I'm an artist not a model," he said lightly.

"You look like one," she said smirking then his cheeks flushed pink as they stood there, the bright lights shone at them, camera pointed at them. Peter thought that they were really cute and decided to take a candid picture of them both. When the lights flashed, Natasha realized she was in the frame and snapped back into reality stepping out of the frame.

Once they were done, Natasha and Peter went through the pictures and tried to decide which one was best. They settled with the last one which Nat helped him pose, it made him look handsome and sophisticated all at once. She was about to leave when Peter showed her the candid picture he took, telling her how cute they looked. Natasha was smirking at Steve while he was looking down at her grinning brightly cheeks pink. To be honest, she thought it was cute too, so Peter printed one for her to keep.

"See you tomorrow, same time, I'll go to your apartment so just send me your address," she told Steve as they parted.

"Sure, uhh bye Natasha," he greeted.

As soon as he left, Tony walked right up to her and said, "you guys are cute, you didn't tell me you guys were a thing."

"Oh please shellhead, we aren't a thing, I just met him like two days ago, and he agreed to have this interview because I did my thing."

"Your thing? Like what? Scaring people to death by your glare?" He teased her, she just rolled her eyes and walked back home, her picture of Steve and her in a brown envelope in her bag, not like she cares or something, but it's always something to be proud of if you take a picture with someone famous, right?

###

Helloh pipol

here's a new update, I hoped you like it hehe.

comment your thoughts or ideas about the story, I'd love to hear them

never forget to vote ;)

xx