Chapter 7

"Hey, it's fine, Nat. You could always find someone else new," he tried to assure her. But she continued to sob and shook her head. He sighed, but then a somewhat childish idea popped in his head.

"You know what? Let's get ice cream shall we? I mean, it brightens me up so maybe it'll help you," he gave her a sheepish smile.

And finally she gave a chuckle, "Steven Rogers, I swear you're the most unpredictable person I've ever met. You'll be a wise old man and a child next."

"I believe, I can say the same about you," he smiled at her and took her hand, "come on, I know the best place in town."

She pulled back and smiled at him, "surprise me."

###
They took Steve's car after a moment of intense discussion on why or why not they should take his car instead.

"Let's just use your car," Steve originally suggested, as she brought themselves into the basement where her car was parked.

"No."

"Why not? It's a nice car why not take it out for a ride?" He pointed at her black corvette.

"Because it's shiny. It draws attention. I don't want attention," she defended.

"Nat where we're going isn't really full of people. Let's just use your car, okay?" He kept on insisting as he walked towards her indeed very shiny black corvette.

"No. No, you can't. Just don't," she said as she rushed in front of him and blocked him with her arms.

"What's the matter with it?"

"I haven't refilled gas? Hehe," she honestly told him as she gave him an awkward smile. With that, they walked towards Steve's car instead.

"Sheesh, what kind of person forgets to buy gas for their car?" He asked her.

"Hey, don't judge. I'm a walking type of person."

"Uh-huh, then what's with the pick me up thing you always do?" He teased her.

"That was only once! Wait? Was it once?" She said and their bicker continued all throughout their journey, debating on whatever things are happening. Including some, 'oh how can you not like a pizza's crust' or some 'you chose Mariah Carey over Beyoncé?! What?' or some 'the Voice is better than X-Factor, you know' and a little bit of 'oh you're team Kimye? I gotta say I'm team Taylor in this one.'

Their intense city hall debate on said topics stopped as soon as he pulled up beside a small somehow aesthetic ice cream store. Colorful, its walls painted in pastel colors, equally attractive murals painted on it, incredibly artsy.

"Huh, I thought you'd take me to a fancy 5 star hotel just for ice-cream," she said as a matter of factly.

"Nah, fancy 5 star hotels doesn't make the best gelatos in town."

"Really?"

"Just wait and see."

Inside, the smell of sweets filled the air, working together with the sweet decorations perfectly well. Ice creams of different colors and shades, lined up on the refrigerator, all of them screaming 'eat me!'

Flavor by flavor, she tasted them all, but she can't seem to decide which will she take, she's pretty sure the guy on the counter made an eye roll as he waited for her decision. She decided she'd go for a triple scoop of ice cream, all of different tastes.