Chapter 4

Steve and Sharon were the perfect couple in many different ways. They were what people call 'relationship goals'. The picture perfect couple, luxurious gifts, tropical getaways. They went to the same university, both taking fine arts major, though Sharon eventually became a successful model, featured in high fashion magazine covers, don't forget to mention that her family owns a major security company. The best artist and the rising celebrity, every time spotted in public, they'd get their headline in every single newspaper or magazine. A couple photo shared on Sharon's social media would break the internet. They're that famous.

"OH MY STEVE, THIS IS THE BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT EVER," Sharon squealed when Steve brought her in to her newly bought prestigious penthouse in an elite neighborhood for her 25th birthday, "I LOVE THIS SO MUCH, LOOK AT THE VIEW IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" she said as she toured around her new home peppering his face with kisses. She managed to record everything since the moment Steve opened the doors, she posted it on her social media of course, and again the video went viral. Though now, she deleted the video considering their condition right now, Steve had insisted that she keeps the penthouse, but Sharon insisted otherwise.

Steve had proposed to her shortly after her birthday, with no doubt she eagerly said yes as Steve presented her with a glimmering Harry Winston ring. Their wedding was highly anticipated by people, some had even predicted that it would be the epic wedding of the year. Sadly the people had to be disappointed when Sharon announced the press that she broke off the wedding, just weeks before the real event. Surely, Steve was left broken into pieces. She left, for another man she met while Steve was visiting Europe for his art exhibition. The other man though, used to be a friend of Steve's, James Buchanan Barnes, also a model, charming in many ways. Slick black hair and a pair of eyes and a smile that can make any girl melt to their knees.

It had been a year since their split and Steve had not find the right one yet, although he wasn't sure he would like to again, the heartbreak he experience left a big hole in his heart, and he wasn't sure if anyone could fix the broken in his heart. Since then, he haven't painted a single painting, because how can he when there's a big hole gaping in his heart.

###

Natasha's eyes were left widened as she heard Steve's story, sure she did heard some stories from the media, but they weren't as complete as this one. "That's one hell of a heartbreak," she remarked.

"Yeah," he sighed, "if you decide to put that in your article then go ahead, it's about time people stop spreading false rumors on why Sharon and I split," he said, sipping on his coffee, she nodded her head. They had relocated themselves to a coffee shop nearby, because Steve said that he's hungry and retelling his miserable breakup story will make him even hungrier.

"You know, this world is really small. Sharon and I are actually friends, we both take the same pilates class. She is also right here at the moment at that corner behind you with her new man, who was it again, James?" She tried to smoothly inform Steve, which actually made him choke on his coffee.

"What?!"

"Uh-huh, see she's right there, wearing that white dress," she said nudging towards Sharon's direction.

"Hey! Hey don't look at her," he scolded at her, bowing his head down, trying to hide from Sharon's sight.

"I'm not, I'm not." She was.

"Is she looking at me?" Steve asked her in a hushed tone, all the while still bowing down his head.

"No, no, no, they're tasting each other's coffee," she said as she drank her own coffee.

"I didn't ask what they're doing."

"Oh no."

"What?"

"She looked at me, oh no, she's coming here," she said quietly through her smile with teeth gritted together. Steve sipped at his coffee nervously and tried to palm his face so his face wouldn't be visible.

Sharon walked closer, smiling at the redhead, the sound of her heels clicking make Steve even more nervous.

"Natasha! It's been so long since we've met. Why didn't you join last week's class? I waited for you," Sharon chuckled still not noticing the man sitting across Natasha.

"Oh yeah, I had business," she replied, Sharon nodded at Natasha as her eyes gazed towards the blonde across her and back at her.

"Steve?" Sharon called him out. He lifted his face and uncovered it.

"Hi, Sharon," he forced himself to greet her.

"Wow, I didn't know you two were together. Congratulations, Steve," she said as she patted his arm, Natasha wanted to say something but then Sharon gestured James to come over, "James, I'm sure you know Steve and this is my friend, Natasha." James smiled at the both.

"Having a nice breakfast date?" He asked them.

Natasha nodded, "you?" Steve kept silent, too silent, he barely looks at Sharon or James.

"Anything I do with Sharon is nice, right dear?" He said, as he pulled Sharon closer and kissed her cheeks. Witnessing the whole scene, Steve made a face at Natasha. As if she could read his mind, he get what he means, let's get out of here.

She grabbed her phone and pretended to answer a call, "Oh yeah, we'll be right there." She gestured at her phone and said, "sorry, but we have to go, I have a meeting to attend to. Come on, Steve." She dragged him out of the cafe.

###

What the heck was that? He should've seen that coming, he knew that place was Sharon's favorite coffee shops, even since the days they were still together. Steve rushed into the car and Natasha followed suit.

"Why did you get noticed, I told you not to look at her!" He scolded her.

"I didn't!"

"Then how did she spot you?"

"Blame my red hair!" He looked at her and he reminds himself that she has a really unique shade of red, one look at her hair and you'll know it's her.

"Then dye it brown or blonde or something!" He said, she just let out a huff.

They rode in silence on the way back to his penthouse. Only sounds of the air conditioning and the beeping on her phone filled in the silence, she picked up her phone, this time Tony was actually calling her, probably business problems.

"Can you just drop me at Stark's?" She requested.

"Again, I'm not your driver, Romanoff."

"Fine then, drop me here and I'll walk by myself."

"Not gonna happen."

"Then get me to Stark's."

"Okay, okay, fine."

###

Steve directly got home after he dropped her off, too tired of doing anything else after seeing Sharon with the perfect man. How shattered his heart is. His phone vibrated on his pocket and he opened a text.

DO NOT TRUST THIS WOMAN: I'll pick you up tomorrow, same time. Be ready. I have an idea.

Whatever her idea was, he didn't really believe it was a good idea. Besides, just like her contact name says, do not trust this woman. This complicated, somehow attractive woman.

###

Yehey another update! Comment and vote as always :)