Chapter 12

New day comes and Steve is already thinking about Natasha Romanoff, first thing in the morning. Well, this was odd. List of things Steven Rogers would think in the morning, usually:
- get up, morning run
- what breakfast should I eat today? Bacon and eggs or pancakes?
- sheesh I haven't done my artwork
And today, unusually, it looks like this:
-get up, meet Natasha
-should I bring her breakfast? Blueberry pancakes or smoothies?
-sheesh I haven't done her sketch

Damn Rogers, what happened to you.

Natasha happened.

No, this can't be. They'll both end up hurt. He can't. Not again. But, this feeling is way too strong. Still no. He doesn't want to have his heart shattered into pieces all over again. She'll be better off with someone else.

He's just a friend to her and the other way around, right? It's what friends do, think about each other, right? As a good 'friend' he is, he's going to meet her and bring her food.

###

"Nat?! Tasha?!" Steve called out for her as he got in her apartment. Lucky, she gave him a spare key in return for him cooking her meals. She really had a thing for his cooking, not to mention she didn't have a mother figure to cook for her when she was young. Being orphaned since a child did make her go through incredible sadness, crying to sleep in her orphanage days, but it did made her the independent woman she is today.

Natasha emerged from the bathroom, all flustered. A towel in her hands, "since when did it become Tasha?" she asked him.

"Just now?? Good morning, by the way," he said as he approached her.

"Chit chat later, I'm late," she replied as she turned her back to him and rushed into her dressing room.

"For what? I brought you breakfast, pancakes," he offered.

"Aw thanks, but I think I've got to skip it, I really am late. I'm not hungry," she said. The sounds of grumbling noise filled the air, betraying her, "okay, maybe I am."

She applied on some powder on her face quickly, dabbing it and moved on to put some eye make up, completely ignoring the fact that her stomach is grumbling, screaming for food.

"You gotta eat, Nat," he said to her, this habit of Natasha, not eating at times is very child like and Steve is incredibly worried of her health.

"Where are you going?" he asked, sitting down on one of the chairs further back in the dressing room.

"Submit my final draft for your article and interview with Maria Hill," she replied looking back at his reflection in the mirror.

"I'm gonna drive you," he offered willingly, making her turn her body to face him, surprised at his voluntary act.

"Oh? I thought you didn't like to drive me to places," she remarked.

He shrugged, "well then if you don't want me to, I'll go home."

She stood up from her stool and walked past him out the door, tousling his hair, "i'm kidding," she said earning a 'hey!' from him as he tried to comb his hair with his hands.

###

The roads were clear and empty with several taxis rushing here and there. The only thing that was annoying Natasha was the endless wait of the traffic light which took eternity to switch from red to green.