Chapter 27

A big day for Steve. He woke up to missed calls and texts from Coulson. He must've had those pre-exhibition sudden change of plans. He woke her up with a quiet,"Good morning. Feeling better?" Laying a hand on her forehead before placing a kiss there. She slowly fluttered her eyes open and gave him a warm smile. Then, they were both up and preparing to go.

He inwardly thank the heavens she hadn't asked anything about yesterday, he's a terrible liar. He thought if he told the truth, she's be upset and wouldn't let him meet Peggy again. He inwardly thank the heavens twice as the social media madness on finding Steve with a mystery brunette hadn't find its way to her. Yet.

She sat on her bed as she opened a text from Tony. A text she would never expect.

Tony Stark
You won't believe what I just found.
click link here.

With a hesitant move of her thumb, she clicked the link. Oh how she wish she hadn't. She drew a sharp intake of breathe as she scrolled through the pictures and an article.

Steve looked back at her from the mirror as he heard her loud gasp, "Is everything alright?" He asked and she nodded with an all too convincing smile. She wished she believed everything was alright.

"I'll wait for you outside," he said and left the room to give her privacy. As Steve adjusted the sleeves of his dark navy suit and Visz taking a look at himself in the mirror of the living room, Wanda rushed in, panicking, "Visz where's my heels?"

"Which heels?" Visz asked confusedly, she had tons of them and she brought a suitcase for her heels alone. Visz is always amused at the amount of heels she owns.

"The black one," she said, looking under the couches and inside cabinets.

"You have lots of black ones, darling. You could wear another one," Visz suggested but she seems to have a different idea than his.

"It's a Loubutin I just bought! It can't just be missing on its own, can it?" She said with a hard look and Visz took it as a signal to help her find her pair of shoes.

He rushed behind a very upset Wanda into their room. That's when Natasha came in. Steve swore his jaw must've fell to the floor. She was gorgeous in every sense. She wore a red off the shoulder top which boasted some skin but was still on the line of appropriate for the event, paired with a tight fitting gingham skirt. She put on a practical red pumps and grabbed her red purse from the vanity table as she walked towards him. Her hips swaying gracefully, in a way that made him go crazy.

He instantly grabbed her waist and pulled her in close, giving her a quick peck on the lips before praising her, "You look beautiful

He instantly grabbed her waist and pulled her in close, giving her a quick peck on the lips before praising her, "You look beautiful."

"Not so bad yourself, Rogers," she said with a smirk as she pulled away, towards where the light was shining directly above her. He caught that glint of silver, dangling around her neck. A necklace, he observed. Shaped like an arrow. She never wore necklaces before, or perhaps he never noticed.