Jealousy ||Gilan x Reader||

This takes place in a Ranger's Gathering, a year after Will graduates, but before any of his missions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thump!

The sound of a longbow being shot reached Gilan's ears. He followed the sound, curious. He remained silent and unseen as he crossed from one shadow to the next. He heard laughter following the sound of an arrow hitting a target. He crossed the tree line to see his best friend, Will Treaty. Will seemed to be talking to another Ranger. He came closer and gasped. The Ranger was a girl! A very pretty girl. His brain added. The girl was a graduated Ranger, the silver oak leaf at her neck made that pretty obvious. He watched as Will and the girl drew their bows and fired. Both of their arrows hit the target. His eyes focused on the target and his eyes widened. Both of them seemed to have split the arrows that they fired at the target before. Gilan was so focused and shocked at what he just saw that he accidentally snapped a twig. The sound made both Rangers turn in his direction, both with their bows drawn and an arrow notched.

"Wait...Gilan?" Will asked, seeing the tall Ranger's face.

Both of them relaxed their grips on their bow and returned the arrows to their quivers. Gilan stepped forward.

"Hello, Will!!!!" He exclaimed cheerfully. He hasn't seen the young Ranger for a year, plus when he and Halt had met at the crossroads he wasn't there.

The girl raises an eyebrow. Will noticed the confusion in her eyes.

"Gilan, meet (y/n). (y/n), meet Gilan." Will introduces.

"Nice to meet you. Will told me about you" The young girl said, smiling at the Tall Ranger.

"As to you, fair lady. But may I ask, I don't recall there being girls in the Ranger Corps." Gilan replied, bowing slightly.

"There wasn't until I came. I was Crowley's former apprentice." (y/n) said, as she walked to the targets to get her arrows along with Will.

"Crowley's Apprentice? Oh. How do you know Will?" Gilan asked, silently thankful the girl wasn't closemouthed.

"I met her while we were wards at Castle Redmont. Crowley was visiting and he ran into her, literally." Will explained, laughing slightly. "He saw potential in her and took her as his apprentice. Since he's almost always busy, the other senior Rangers trained her, including Halt."

"Wow. You got trained by all the senior Ranger?" He asked (y/n).

"Yup!" (y/n) replied. They then heard the faint sounds of the lunch bell. "We better go. Come on." They all walked side by side to the middle of the camp where the other Rangers were. Gilan noticed that (y/n) put up her hood as they got closer to the fire.

"See you later, Gil." Will said smiling at him.

"Okay?" Gilan replied in confusion.

Will and (y/n) walked towards two tents that were a few meters away from the fire. Will said something to (y/n) and she laughed. He then kissed her check. Gilan felt something pulling at his heart. He had never felt that emotion before. Then he realized what it was. It was jealousy.

Well, Sh*t.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you love this chapter? I really hope that you did! If you do, why not take a moment to press that little VOTE button to the left of your screen? Thanks for reading!

~SKYROONY