Someday ||Old-ish! Halt x Reader||

Minor spoiler for book 7, Erak's Ransom. The video above is an example, minus the lifting part.

-SKYROONY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Here's your dress! Change the hair color to match yours.)

You sighed softly, walking around the large ballroom that was decorated with people in pure white

You sighed softly, walking around the large ballroom that was decorated with people in pure white. You were a courier from Castle Araulen. King Duncan was holding a ball in celebration of his daughter, Crown Princess Cassandra, and a good friend of yours, Ranger Apprentice Will, returning from Skandia after a hard fought war. You had been worried sick for the Princess and Will, hoping against the odds that they were safe. When Horace told you that he and Halt were going to try and rescue them, you were relieved. But you didn't think Halt would give up his silver oak leaf for Will in that manner. But now, all of that was in the past. Will, Princess Cassandra, Horace and Halt were safe and sound. As a symbol for peace, people were wearing beautiful white gowns and suits.
"Sorry!" You muttered, hitting someone lightly on the shoulder as you passed. You made your way to a nearby table, your feet exhausted from dancing around the room.
"Excuse me, may I sit here?" You asked politely, looking at the single figure that sat at the table.
You heard a soft chuckle.
"Of course. Y....you.............look beautiful, (y/n)..." Halt said, turning to you with a rare smile.
You blushed lightly as you took a seat beside him.
"Thank you. You look good yourself." You complimented, noting Halt's attire, which was what he wore to formal occasions. (His clothes for his wedding to Lady Pauline in Erak's Ransom except it's white now)
"I'm glad you, Will, Horace and Princess Cassandra are back safely. I was really worried for Will and Cassandra." You said truthfully.
"As am I." He smiled slightly. "I'm glad Will is back in my care and that the Princess is in her father's."
You both stayed silent, enjoying each other's company.
"(Y/n).....would you like to dance?"
Halt asked suddenly, glancing at you.
You smiled, your (e/c) orbs twinkling.
"I would love to."
Halt stood up and held out his hand for you, which you took gracefully. You both stepped onto the dance floor, just has the musicians start playing the waltz. You danced gracefully, Halt tripping a little bit once in a while. You smiled brightly and Halt smiled back, both your eyes sparkling with a concealed love for the other.

One day, you promised yourself. You would tell this man how much you admired him.

One day, you would tell this man how much he meant to you.

One day, you would tell this man how amazing, brave and caring he is.

You smiled slightly, looking at Halt's eyes, which looked back at you with happiness.

One day...

One day....you would tell him how much you love him.

Someday.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that was nice. Sorry that it's kinda short. I'm running out of ideas so please comment below! I hope you liked it! Don't forget to click that little VOTE button on your way out. Thanks for reading!

-SKYROONY