Chapter Seventeen

It was Monday, and Rowen was walking into her office juggling her morning tea with her grab and go breakfast. She hadn't had time to do much other than throw her hair into a slicked ponytail and slip into a black and white designed body hugging dress, she put a black sweater over the top of the sleeveless number so she didn't get cold in the air conditioned office.

As she sat she slipped her black stilettos off under her desk and sipped her tea. She sighed happily before pulling her paper work towards herself to start working.

She couldn't stop her mind from drifting to how her weekend had gone. Spending all weekend with Liam was thrilling, shocking, exhausting and an eye opener.

~***~        ~***~

Rowen was sure her head was going to explode with everything she had learnt. Not only had Liam confirmed that he was in the Mafia, and even without meaning to he had told her that his father was a Don, the head of his family. And not just the one that included his siblings. And that same Don, had described her death in a way that she could see everything he had written. 

What scared her the most was that Liam was shocked at his own father's words. 

She shivered remembering the words that were so hard to forget. How could one man want to hurt someone that they didn't know in such a way. Liam's father was very much against Liam and Rowen being together. That much was evident by how he wanted to get rid of Rowen, and not in just that last email.

Liam had shown her the other emails that his father had sent, and she wished that she had of seen those instead of the last one. At least in those it spoke of Liam just dumping Rowen and not skinning her alive.

Rowen didn't understand why his father was so against her, she hadn't done anything other than distract Liam so it seemed. She knew about the Mafia, and in most of the Don's families, the children were used as tools to get families together, at least in the old days they were. But Rowen didn't think that was still the case, it wasn't with her parents at any case.

Maybe it was different for Liam's family. Maybe his father was more old school than anyone thought. She had no idea.

What she did know was that Liam was beyond furious with his father, after he had fucked her into his desk, he had made sure that she was settled in a warm bath with relaxing bubbles surrounding her to help her aching muscles. He had left her in the bathroom to go and make a call. She could tell that he was trying desperately to stay calm and keep his voice down, but the rage that burned through him when he started talking about what his father had said, made his voice raise and her heart rate to pick up.

She knew that Liam was no saint. She knew that he had killed people and that he wasn't the kind of man that you brought home to your mother and told her the whole truth. She knew he was dark, she had seen some of it when they had sex in his office.

Her core twitched at the memory of his eyes darkening as he ploughed into her. His rough hands, the way he pinned her down with just a look and a hand on her neck. His thrusts were almost punishing, reaching places that she didn't even know existed.

Yet even after seeing a glimpse of the beast inside of him, Rowen couldn't find herself wanting to leave him. The thought of it still made her heart ache. 

When Liam had started yelling in Italian she slipped from the bath, quickly drying herself before she followed the sound of his voice. She found him in a room that looked like a gym. He had mostly boxing equipment hanging around the room. Punching bags, a speed bag and a smaller version of a boxing ring. There were different bar machines that looked like torture devices to her, but she had seen something in a TV show that had her tilting her head and biting her lip.