Chapter 12

A/N: Sorry for the overdue chapter post :L Remember to read the author note at the end! Check out the picture of Damien on the side (:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 12

     I stood gaping at the bizarre scene beside me. Do you know the over-exaggerated movie scene where the 'It girl' clings onto the arm of the hot new guy at the party? That doesn't really happen in real life, right? Well, my previous thoughts were adjusted when Stacey did, literally that. She expertly manouvered Damien away from me and Kathy, leaving Aaron heavily slumped on my shoulder. He shot me an impatient look, as he constantly tried leaving Stacey's side to avail. On cue, a bunch of her 'friends' helped guide him further away from us and into the dance floor.

     Kathy looked from the scene, to me; looking me once-over with disdain. "You never knew how to dress."

     I copied her actions to see that she was wearing one of her trademark neon-multicoloured dresses. "I could say the same for you. But at least you don't look like a 'total' slut, like your new BFF over there."

      She laughed, closing her palm against her mouth. "I'd actually like you to call Stacey a slut to her face. You've got no guts. You're too damn afraid. Which just makes you all the more pathetic." She smirked. "I just feel sorry for Jayden...he doesn't deserve a girlfriend like you. Sneaking off to a party with another guy, tut tut."

     "I thought you liked Alex?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

     "I can like two guys at the same time. I can always take my pick. Especially when Jayden finds out you were at a party with another guy....and Alex of course. I saw him outside."

     "You've really changed Kathy..."

     Her eyes narrowed. "I didn't change. You did...and now I just have to make things right. How they're suppose to be if I hadn't met you. If every guy I liked, didn't feel the same way about you."

     I ignored her in guilt and shame. I saw Damien making his way back; followed by Stacey. He quickly took hold of Aaron's other shoulder again; taking away part of the heavy weight on my shoulders.

    "Well, it was nice meeting you...." he trailed off, shooting Kathy and Stacey a small wary smile.

     Damien and I headed towards the door, wordlessly. I bit my lip and broke the silence. "I have a boyfriend..."

     He momentarily stopped and looked at me in a mixture of shock and humour. "Is this because of what I said earlier?" I nodded and he laughed, continuing to walk. "Whether you're in a relationship or not...you still look beautiful."

     I felt a blush rise and looked at my feet; realising we had stopped once again. I studied him. It's not normal for a guy to just say something like that. Jayden has said it because he likes me. Alex might say it because he's my soul mate or whatever. But Damien....it's not normal. He doesn't have a reason to think I look...beautiful. But from his dark brown smoldering eyes, he seemed genuine. A few more girls walked out the front door, checking him out as they walked past. He didn't have the usual good looks that most girls would find incredibly attractive and approachable. He was good looking in the dark, mysterious sort of way. The unapproachable type. Confusion swept through my mind when I realised that I was on some basis, comfortable talking to him.

     "I have to head back...but are you going to alright with him?"

     "Yeah, I'll be fine. A friend's driving me, so he can help me...." I trailed off, looking at the car in the near distance.