Chapter 1

"Today's your lucky day Cindy." Mrs. Hill rudely said, walking into my room.

"You know my name isn't Cindy." I retorted, shoving t-shirts into a small suitcase the orphanage provided me (I apologize if this isn't a true thing they do in orphanages, I'm just making up what I don't know), not even turning around to look at Mrs. Hill.

"Would you like me to send this nice man home?" Mrs. Hill asked. I turned around and saw a tall, pale man with black hair and a trimmed, black beard standing behind Mrs. Hill. He looked really familiar but I can't quite remember where I remember him from. Like I know it, but can't put my finger on it.

"Sorry." I apologized, looking down at my feet in embarrassment.

"Mr. Bradley, this is Cindy. Cindy, this is Mr. Bradley." Mrs. Hill introduced me to the man who quietly stood watching.

"That's not my name. And I know for a fact you are doing this in spite that you are kicking me out on my birthday." I angrily said to Mrs. Hill.

"No I am not because Mr. Bradley is going to be adopting you." Mrs. Hill said giving me a nasty look. I was speechless. I've been here for years and I was close to 18, but yet I'm being adopted.

I put my bag in the back seat and hopped in the front passengers seat after we left the building.

I kept texting my best internet friend Kyle about being adopted by Mr. Bradley and Kyle started doing research on the name "Bradley." When Kyle stopped replying, I knew that meant he was in research mode and decided to not bother him.

It was an hour or two later when we arrived at a house. I'm guessing Mr. Bradley lives here and technically speaking, so do I. Well at least now I do.

"Before we go inside, there are a few things you should know." Mr. Bradley said as both of us got out of the car.

"Yeah? What is it?" I questioned, glancing around to speak to him.

"Well for starters, my name is Josh but, you can call me dad if you'd like to but you don't have to," he took a pause and grabbed my bag out of the car, "and slight warning, I don't live alone."

Word Count: 392