Fifteen

Harry forgot to shut the damn curtains.

That's Louis' first thought when he wakes up with the sun in his eyes. He grunts, squinting to see Harry standing right there in front of the window, holding Emma up so she could see out of it.

"Haz?" Louis squeaks, too weak to lift his hand to shield the sunlight. Harry turns, holding Emma to his chest. He smiles warmly.

"Sorry, I didn't notice you were awake," Harry admitted, setting Emma down in her cot before climbing onto the bed and pecking Louis' lips. "I was showing Emma the snow. It's pretty. But Happy Birthday, beautiful."

Louis smiles and kisses Harry back, looking over to Emma's cot and squinting. He wants his baby. "Mine," He grunts, nodding slightly toward the cot. Harry smiles and leans over to grab Emma, slowly laying her on Louis' chest.

"You got her?" Harry asks quietly, keeping a gentle hand on Emma's back until Louis nods and assures him that they're both steady. Harry withdrawals his hand and instead reaches toward the bedside table to grab Louis' meds. "You okay, Lou?"

Louis beams toward Harry, eyes crinkling in the corners and teeth showing perfectly. Harry takes note of how his smile doesn't seem as lopsided.

"Happy!" Louis exclaims, tapping Emma's back lightly with his index finger and chuckling. Harry smiles too, opening a bottle of Louis' pills and grabbing the glass of water he keeps on Louis' side.

"Good, that makes me happy," He replies as Louis opens his mouth. Harry places the pills in Louis' mouth, giving him some water as well. Louis swallows the meds with ease, being used to this.

"My pretty babies," Louis says cheekily, and Harry blushes and gapes at the same time. No stuttering, no pauses between syllables.

"Louis! That was so good!" Harry praises, leaning down and pecking Louis' lips again. Louis smiles, full of pride for himself, before Emma starts to whine.

"Thought we could make it through the morning," Harry sighs, but he's smiling; he obviously doesn't mind taking care of Emma. He takes her off Louis' chest, making Louis pout. "Sorry, babe, but when you figure out how to feed her, you can take care of it," Louis wrinkles his nose, making Harry laugh. "That's what I thought. Maybe you can feed her, I pumped some milk last night."

Harry takes Emma to the kitchen, turning on some acoustic Spotify playlist when he gets there. An acoustic guitar fills the entire house as Harry kisses Emma's forehead and reaches into the fridge to grab the milk. Small Bump by Ed Sheeran comes on.

Emma whines again, making Harry sigh. "I know, beautiful," He coos softly. "Let me warm it up, okay?"

Emma stops whining and looks up at Harry with her big blue eyes. Harry smiles, the guitar calming his nerves. Mornings are peaceful in the Tomlinson household.

Nights are not as peaceful. This night in particular is anything but.

"Mummy, Phoebe hit me!" Daisy whines as Daisy gapes at her angrily. Ernie and Doris watch them in confusion, Doris sucking her little knuckles.

"I should be at Darcy's right now," Fizzy huffs, referring to her girlfriend. She pouts when Jay gives her a look that tells her to knock it off.

"Fizzy, I know babies aren't as fun," Harry says, looking up from Emma and to Fizzy's pouting face. "But you can hold Emma, if you'd like. You'll be the first one to hold her tonight."