alternate endings

1.

"Papaaa, Papaaaaaa!"

Harry sits up quickly, whole body trembling as he looks down at Emma sitting on his lap. Was that all a dream? Holy shit.

He looks over to the side of the bed, seeing Addison in her cot on Louis' side of the bed. There's a half empty tea mug on the night stand, and Louis' phone is plugged in and sitting on the bed. Louis. Oh God, he's okay. He's alive. His eyes start to water as he sniffles.

"Hi, hi, pretty girl," Harry's panting as he leans down and kisses Emma's nose. "Where's Daddy, love?"

As if on cue, Louis walks into the bedroom, wearing some flannel pyjama pants and a white t-shirt. He smiles. "Morning, sleepyhead," He teases before seeing Harry's red cheeks and watery eyes. He frowns in concern, approaching the bed. "Hey, hey, what's wrong?"

Harry can't help it. He bursts into tears, and Louis plops down on the bed before bringing Harry into his arms. "Oh, baby, what happened?" He soothes, and that just makes Harry cry harder. Louis' arms are so strong, and his words are so clear.

"Lou," Harry sobs, clinging onto Louis. "Louis, Lou."

"Papa?" Emma stands up on the bed next to Harry and Louis, putting her hand on Harry's arm. "'S okayyy, Papa."

Harry would normally laugh at how adorable Emma is, but that dream. It felt so real. "Lou," Harry weeps. "I had a dream that you...you weren't there."

"What?" Louis furrows his eyebrows, running his fingers through Harry's hair. "You're not getting rid of me that easily, sweetheart."

"Thank God," Harry whimpers, and Louis chuckles fondly, kissing the top of Harry's head.

"Think you could use some tea and a good cuddle, huh, baby?" Louis soothes, rubbing Harry's back. Harry nods quickly, and Louis grins and kisses the top of his head again. "Addison's in her swing in the lounge. She was fussy, and I didn't want her to wake you up. Do you want me to bring her in here instead?"

"Yes, please," Harry sniffles. Louis gives him a squeeze before getting up, laughing when Emma waves at him.

"'M coming right back, Em!" Louis assures.

"Byeee, Daddy!" Emma stands up on the bed and continues to wave. Louis shakes his head, waving to her anyways before walking out of the bedroom.

Louis is back in no time, tea in one hand and Addison cradled in his free arm. "I have reinforcements," He announces, making Harry giggle wearily. He lays Addison down on her back on the bed, the baby blinking up at the ceiling, and sets the tea down on the nightstand.

"You wanna tell me about this bad dream you had, sweet boy?" Louis asks softly. Harry loves that about Louis, how he can go from silly to caring like that. He's so perfect.

"You were in a car accident," Harry's lip trembles thinking about it. "When I was still pregnant with Emma, and you couldn't walk, and you could barely talk. And then I had Addison, and a few weeks after...you...you died."

"Oh, baby," Louis mumbles, wrapping Harry up in his arms. Harry closes his eyes, breaths shaky. "That sounds terrible. I'm right here, though. You know I'm not going anywhere."

"I know," Harry can't help but smile. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

2.

Harry springs up, forehead sweaty as he looks around the room frantically. He's in his and Louis' room. The cot, fuck, what happened to it? Where's Addison?