Twenty

Harry feels awful.

Emma is sitting up between Louis and Harry in their bed, babbling and grabbing at the comforter. Harry winces as she reaches over and pulls his hair, Louis reaching over and gently pushing down her hand the best he can. Harry's eternally grateful, because Emma stops and instead starts to suck on her knuckles.

"Baba," Louis says softly, reaching his hand out to Emma. Emma grabs onto his index finger and starts sucking on it, making Louis wrinkle his nose. Harry chuckles, brushing a piece of hair out of his face. He feels quite dizzy, his head is absolutely spinning. He closes his eyes and winces, his stomach feeling a bit weird. "Okay?" Louis asks. Harry sighs and shrugs.

"I feel sort of off," Harry admits. Louis frowns, moving his hand to Harry's face and brushing his cheek with his thumb. Harry smiles, the gesture calming his nerves as he closes his eyes again. Emma puts her hand on Harry's cheek, mimicking Louis' movements, and it makes Harry let out a laugh.

"Thank you, love," He says in a baby voice, grabbing Emma and peppering her face with kisses. Emma squeals, giggling as Harry tickles her stomach as well. Harry holds Emma to his chest, kissing the top of her head as the six month old babbles to herself.

Harry's stomach turns, and he lets go of Emma before standing up and running toward the washroom. He collapses in front of the toilet, vomiting into it.

After cleaning up he walks back to the bedroom. Louis looks at him concernedly, his hand grabbing onto Emma's arm so she doesn't tip off the bed. "I probably just ate something bad," Harry says, sighing and laying back down. Louis raises his eyebrow at him, and Harry rolls his eyes. "'M fine, Lou." He assures, picking Emma up and kissing her cheek.

"Feed?" Louis asks, and Harry smiles.

"Sure, you can feed her if you want," Harry says, setting Emma down in her swing and lifting Louis up. He struggles a bit, which is odd, but he manages to get Louis down the stairs and into his chair before going back up to get Emma.

Once he sets Emma up in her high chair, he hands Louis the spoon after scooping some baby food into it. "Easy, love, easy," Harry reminds softly as Louis shakily brings the spoon to Emma's mouth. She takes it, laughing when Louis makes a funny face at her, and Harry smiles, endeared.

"I'll be right back," Harry mumbles, rushing to the washroom again. He vomits yet again, frowning after flushing and standing up. He doesn't feel hot or anything, so he figures it's not a bug.

Fuck.

Harry shakily walks back into the kitchen. "I-I'm going to call Gemma, I'll be right back," He says, to which Louis nods and continues to feed Emma. Harry rushes upstairs, grabbing his mobile and calling Gemma.

"'Hello?"

"I think I'm pregnant again," Harry says quietly, and Gemma's silent for a few moments.

"I'll pick up some tests and then come over, okay?" She says calmly. Harry exhales and nods, even though she can't see him.

"Thank you," He says gratefully, hanging up and sitting down on the bed and sighing shakily. He can't be pregnant again, he absolutely can't. They're already struggling so much financially and he has to focus on Louis and Emma, because they're both growing and getting more and more physically capable everyday.

They used a condom, Harry remembers distinctly, but maybe the position they were in broke it or something? His fingers tremble at just the thought.

The doorbell rings, and Harry goes backstairs to find Louis has wheeled both himself and Emma to the telly, watching some puppet show that makes Emma giggle. Harry smiles at how Louis was able to take care of her by himself in a way, and answers the door.

"Hello!" Gemma greets. Harry just gives her a weary smile, grabbing her hand and leading her upstairs. Louis doesn't even notice, Emma secured tightly in his lap.

They get to the upstairs washroom, Harry grabbing the tests and closing the door. Gemma waits outside as he gets through all five tests, opening the door when he's done.

"It'll be okay, H," Gemma assures quietly, rubbing his arm as he stares down at the counter. Harry just shrugs and sighs, counting the seconds in his head. When he counts two minutes he checks all the test. All of them are positive.

"Fuck," Harry chokes out, putting his hand over his mouth. Gemma checks them as well, frowning. She pulls Harry into her arms as Harry tries to hold in his tears, letting a few slip down his cheeks. Gemma gives him a squeeze before leaning back and raising her eyebrows at him.

"How did this happen?" She asks quietly before swallowing thickly. "Harry, you're not...cheating? Are you?"

"Of course not," Harry scoffs, shaking his head. "I-It was Louis. About a month ago, I think. Oh my god, Gemma, what am I going to do? We can't afford another baby, I can't handle it. Emma's too young, we can't have another one."

"H, H," Gemma says softly. "Calm down. How about I go take Emma and you can tell Louis, alright? It'll be okay, don't worry. I'll help in any way I can, and you have so many friends willing to help as well. I'm sure you could recruit Mum if you tried."

Harry nods and wipes his eyes, grabbing one of the tests and stuffing it into his pocket before following Gemma downstairs. Gemma picks Emma up out of Louis' lap, making Louis furrows his eyebrows and pout. He didn't even know she was here.

Harry kneels down in front of Louis' chair, grabbing his hand. "Hey, love," He says softly. "We need to talk." Louis nods, urging Harry to go on. "Um, you know how I was feeling kind of gross this morning?" Louis nods. "Well, uh," Harry takes the test out of his pocket and hands it to Louis, watching Louis' eyes widen. "Um, surprise?"

"Oh," Louis squeaks, taking the test with his right hand and staring at it. He looks back up at Harry. "Keep."

"Louis, we don't have enough money as it is," Harry starts, but Louis shakes his head.

"Keep," He says, tapping the test with his index finger. "Ours."

Harry frowns and sighs. "You know it will be a lot more chaotic around here," Louis nods. "I'll probably need to work more." Louis nods again. "And you want to do this?" Louis nods yet again. Harry smiles in defeat. "Alright. Yeah. Let's do it."