Twenty-One

"Just take the pills!" Harry practically screams, tears running down his cheeks as Louis kicks and thrashes in his chair, yelling as well.

"No!" Louis roars, and Harry starts to cry harder. Emma watched with wide eyes from her high chair, watching as her parents fought.

"Louis, please," Harry cries, clutching the bottle in his hand. "Please. I-I already don't feel good and I need to put Emma down for her nap."

"No!" Louis says louder. "No, no, no!"

"You said you'd go easier on me," Harry sobs, slamming the bottle of pills down onto the counter before shoving his face into his hands, because he knows Louis knows what will happen if he doesn't take the pills, and he knows sometimes Louis wants that to happen.

"Lou no need," Louis says quietly, and Harry just cries harder.

"You do," He sobs, shaking his head as he takes his face out of his hands. "You need them. Your immune system is weak, Lou. Everything is weaker now. You need the meds."

Louis doesn't say anything in return. Instead he just opens his mouth slightly, allowing Harry to give him the pills with shaky hands. "Thank you," Harry exhales, walking over to get Emma out of her high chair. He smiles wearily at Emma. "Can you wave bye-bye to Daddy?" He asks, sniffling a bit as a tear runs down his cheek.

Emma gives Louis a little wave, making Louis smile a little. Harry takes her for her nap, leaving Louis in the kitchen. It's then he realises Harry forgot to do the straps to his wheelchair, and that he's slowly slipping down.

"Haz!" Louis practically screams, but he knows Harry can't hear him, because he's probably in the nursery with the door closed. He tries again, not hearing Harry come down the steps.

After a few minutes he falls to the ground, landing face first onto the hardwood floor. It causes a thud that makes the whole house shake, and Harry must have felt it, because Louis can hear his footsteps upstairs as tears fill his eyes. His nose is bleeding–all he can see is red.

"Louis? Did you-fuck!" He can hear Harry rush over to him, lifting him up and setting him back in his chair. Blood from his nose is dripping onto his clothes as he cries, Harry making sure he's strapped to his chair before grabbing a dishcloth and holding it up to Louis' nose. "I'm so sorry, love, I completely forgot about the straps. Tilt your head back, babes. I don't think your nose is broken."

Louis does as told, still sobbing as Harry holds the dishcloth to his nose. And, in that moment, he wishes that car accident had killed him.

It's awful to think about, really. He's had dreams of a policeman knocking on their door and informing Harry that his husband has passed. Dreams of Harry marrying someone else and raising their daughter together. Dreams of Harry sobbing every night, a picture of Louis in his hand.

But he's in so much pain, every single day of his life. And watching Harry be in pain because of him makes everything worse. He's pretty sure Harry's been taking anti-anxiety meds and hasn't told him, because it's his fault.

"I think it's stopped," Harry mumbles, but Louis' still crying and he doesn't want to feel anything anymore. He wants to stop hurting people; he can see Perrie tear up sometimes when she's looking after him and Emma because he can't feed himself or express how he's feeling.

"Louis, what's the matter?" Harry asks softly, touching Louis' hand. Louis just shakes his head, leaning his head back again and and trying to stop his tears.

"Okay," Harry sighs, shrugging as he takes Louis' blood-stained sweater off. "I'm going to throw this in the wash and see if it will come out. Then we're going to go to Perrie's, okay?"

"He needs, like, physical therapy or something, H," Niall says, Emma in his lap. Louis is sleeping on Zayn and Perrie's couch, tired out from the events prior to going to Perrie and Zayn's.

"He's right, Harry," Perrie says, pushing back a bit in her chair so her belly can fit with the table. Harry sighs and looks over Louis and sighs.

"I know," Harry replies. "But I-We can't afford it, guys. If we had the money I would sign him up in a heartbeat."

"Didn't you have some money saved up?" Liam asks confusedly. Harry swallows thickly.

"We can't use that," He mumbles. Zayn furrows his eyebrows.

"What why?" He asks, and Harry has to tell them. He can't keep it in anymore.

"I'm, um," He looks down at his stomach, his flat stomach, and imagines how big it will be soon. "I'm pregnant again."

"What?!" Perrie practically shrieks.

"It wasn't planned!" Harry exclaims, sighing and shaking his head. "Just-we have to keep it. Louis wants to, and I kind of do too. We can just use the money for the baby, Louis' okay with it."

"Should we tell him?" Liam whispers, and everyone nods except Harry (and, well, Emma).

"Tell me what?" Harry asks, and everyone looks to Perrie, who smiles.

"Right after Louis got in the accident we started this sort of fundraiser," Perrie explains. "On your behalf. Because we knew he wouldn't be able to work anymore. We were planning on giving you the money when Emma was a year old, because that's when you said you would start a college fund, but maybe now's a good time."

"You're joking," Harry says, and he's smiling so wide it hurts. His eyes fill with tears as he looks at all his beaming friends, and he realises just how many people care about both him and Louis.

"Do you want to know how much?" Niall asks, and Harry lets out a wet laugh, wiping his eyes.

"If you do, I might really cry," Harry replies.

"Sixty-two thousand pounds," Perrie says. "And that's as of last week. People have been frequently donating, word got around, I guess."

"You're lying," Harry says, covering his mouth. Everyone smiles as tears run down Harry's cheeks.

"You deserve it, Harry," Zayn says, beaming at him. "You both do."

"Thank you so much," Harry cries, standing up and hugging Liam first before going around the table. "That's insane, you have no idea what this means to me."