Nineteen

Louis can hold a spoon and has gained three pounds.

This is all Harry can think about as they enter the doctor's office. He has to let the doctor know. He has to show how much Louis has improved so they'll stop recommending sending Louis away to some nursery home to make it "easier" for Harry. Harry wishes he could afford better doctors.

Pushing Louis' chair with a baby on his hip isn't the easiest of tasks, but he manages. Emma's little fingers are pulling at his curls and she smiles when he whines. He can hear Louis snorting as well, the little shit.

"Appointment for Louis Tomlinson?" Harry asks almost breathlessly, Emma still tugging at his hair as he winces. The secretary looks at him amusedly. Bitch.

"Please fill out these papers," She says in a monotone voice. Harry smiles at her, though, and pushes Louis' chair to the waiting room. He holds Emma up against his chest with her chin on his shoulder, his hand holding her bottom up. Some people stare at the combination of Louis and his chair, Harry and his messy, tired appearance, and Emma drooling on Harry's shoulder. Harry pretends not to notice.

"Louis Tomlinson?" A nurse calls out into the waiting room. Harry sighs and stands up, setting the clipboard down in Louis' lap before pushing him toward the nurse. The nurse gives him a look of sympathy. "Why don't you just take the baby and I'll push him, hun?"

Harry smiles. "That-Yeah. Thanks," He says gratefully. The nurse smiles, taking Louis while Harry adjusts Emma. He kisses her forehead before following the nurse into the examination room.

"Okay, Louis, you look a lot better than the last time we saw you," The nurse praises. Louis smiles lopsidedly as Harry holds Emma on his lap. "Harry, any comments on his progress?"

"I weighed him the other day!" Harry says with a smiles. "He's gained three pounds and he can hold a spoon now." The nurse smiles and writes it down on her clipboard.

"That's good!" She comments excitedly, beaming at Louis. "The doctor will be right in, yeah?" Harry nods and thanks her, and she leaves. Louis looks nervous, but Harry reaches over and grabs his hand and he seems to relax a bit.

The doctor, a grouchy old man who always gives the boys an attitude. "Hello," He grumbles, a clipboard in one hand and a pen in the other. Harry smiles politely. Louis ignores him. The doctor gets down in Louis' face and says in a very loud voice "How. Are. You. Feeling?!"

"May I remind you he's not mentally handicapped?" Harry sighs, raising his eyebrows. Jesus, he hates this. He hates that this is the only doctor in town that they can afford. He wishes he had time for a better paying job.

The doctor sighs as Louis glares at him. "Right, yes. Well, how's he been?" Harry rolls his eyes. Did he not review the things the nurse wrote down?

"Fine. Gained three pounds, has a better grip on things," Harry replies. The doctor nods and writes it down before looking over to Louis and raising his eyebrows.

"And you're Louis Tomlinson, correct?" The doctor asks, and Harry literally throws his head back and sighs. This is a lot more stressful than it should be.

"I'm in love with the shape of you," Harry sings under his breath as he seasons his chicken (something he's been trying to teach Niall to do). Louis is watching the telly in the lounge, Emma in the chair Jay got them so he can keep an eye on her as well. He can periodically hear Emma making small noises and Louis making funny noises in return, the interaction making him smile.

He hears Emma start to fuss just as he puts the chicken in the oven. He rushes into the lounge and takes the baby seat off Louis' chair before taking them both to the kitchen. He makes a bottle for Emma and feeds her as Louis waits patently for his meal.

"I'll feed you in a minute, love," Harry assures, nodding toward the oven. Sure, he can hold a spoon, but the process of stabbing the food and bringing it to his mouth with a fork is too much for Louis.

Louis nods in understanding as Harry sets Emma down on a baby blanket, letting her lay on her stomach and hang out. He then sits down in front of Louis' chair and smiles at him. "Hi, love," He greets, taking a piece of chicken and feeding it to Louis. Louis smiles and takes the chicken with no fuss. "Good job, babe. Getting better every day, yeah?" Louis nods with a proud smile, making Harry chuckle.

After a while Louis lets out a whine, kicking his legs a bit. Harry furrows his eyebrows until his eyes drop to Louis' crotch.

Oh.

"Oh!" Harry exclaims as Louis blushes. "Oh. Okay, that's okay. We-Emma's going to bed anyways. I can...take care of that for you, yeah?" Louis looks down in shame. "Hey, Louis, its okay. We've embarrassed ourselves far worse in front of each other. An erection is no big deal. I'll put Emma to bed and then we can go to our room."

Harry puts Emma to bed and gets her to fall asleep quickly. He then rushes downstairs and carries Louis back upstairs, his...er...issue still there. Harry lays him down on the bed and takes a deep breath. He honestly doesn't know how they're going to make this work. They haven't had sex since they made Emma. Sure, Harry's given Louis blowjobs and such, but never really sex. His legs are paralysed, but definitely not his...manhood.

"Okay, um, do you want me to give you a handie?" Louis shakes his head. "N-No? Do you, like...want me to top?" Louis shakes his head again. "You want to top?" Louis nods. "I-uh. Huh. I could ride you? We could sit you up with some pillows and...yeah, that could work. Let me find the condoms and...okay. We'll make it work."

Harry finds the condoms and undresses both of them. He then sits Louis up, and they're off.

;)