Chapter eight:

Rosella said “But Alex I don’t want you to leave, I want you to complete my love story”.

Alex said “I know you do, but I can’t be with you twenty four seven and want to join the army, I need a fresh new start”.

Rosella said “But don’t you understand I choose you, you were about to me my love, don’t you see that I love you Alex”.

I tried running after the train and it was too fast, I cried, does he feel the same way about me, as I do for him or was in what I wanted to fear.

Or is it I want something else, I ran back to where the love began my house, I think I was going in sane, everything remind me off him, the same room we shared, my mum grabbed me and squeezed me and told me to move on.

she then dressed me in a uniform for work and I was a board the next train to work, she told me to kept my head up and smile, but there was nothing to smile about, it stopped at twenty stations and last but not lease I’m entered the army base, I thought to myself what the hell is going on, I don’t understand.

Let’s see I was looking for the leader of the army.

Rosella said “Are u the leader of the army?

The leader of the army said “Yes and we need a nurse for this army, you are wearing a nurse outfit and you are qualified for this”.

Rosella said “No I don’t have any training, but I work first and I have only one years’ experience”.

The leader of the army said “We need you start, so go to base camp, oh and don’t let the army men distract you from doing your job”.

Rosella said “Oh I won’t”.

This day is getting interesting, this is Alex’s army base he was talking about, but he doesn’t know I was here I didn’t even look like I use to, I was going to play along with it and see where it gets me .

It reached three weeks, men and more men came in with wounds, missing arms and legs, until one morning Alex arrived with cuts all over his body.

Rosella said “Okay solider, name please?

Alex said “IT’s Alex, I was shooting at someone and they shot me, wait you remain me off someone”.

Rosella said “Who, I’m sure your girlfriend waiting back home will be pleased to hear from you”.

Alex said “How do you know about my girlfriend?

Rosella said “From the letter that came, this is for you, can you bite your tongue for me”.

Alex said “Yes why?

Rosella said “This might burn and when I’m done I might kiss it better for you”.

He bite his lip and started to cry from me cleaning his wounds, I took out the bullet from his stomach and bandaged him up and let him a couple hours of bed rest.

Alex said “I want to thank you for stitching me up can I at least know your name?

Rosella said “NO, just call me by nurse”.

Alex said “Why just nurse are u hiding your name from me and from the truth that is behind it?

Rosella said “No, I just want to save the pain of you getting your heart broken”.

Alex said “Come one, how about this, give me three weeks to guess your name and then if I don’t guess you tell me the truth either way. Do we have a deal?

Rosella said “You can count on me, Alex”.

He walked off all normally and back to the soldier’s tent, I didn’t know what his problem was with me, but I didn’t like it.

It soon reached night time and my dreams were shattered of meeting him face to face, it was over I was paid and I was given a pay slip and the date I was leaving was in three weeks on the tenth of November in 1989.

I had to get him to love me, but does he still love me, he doesn’t even know who I’m behind this nurse uniform and the nurse hat, he told me several times that I like rosella and I think is blinded by something else in the way or one his mind, but I can’t kept finding my name from him, I wonder if he loves me and I was going to prove it.

Rosella said “Alex what are u doing outside my tent, you lose, do you need help?

Alex said “Nothing and I heard everything”.

Rosella said “Everything really I like to hear that and tell me it then”.

Alex said “You were saying something at the soldiers table about leaving in three weeks”.

Rosella said “Yes, I leave it three weeks, I came here to start to my career and I got my pay check and I’m qualified for nursing, but I won’t be around this base camp for longer”.

Alex said “I Got to give you something, here take this”.

Bob said “How guys look his girlfriend is the nurse and he is giving her a gift, too bad she doesn’t have it, I do and what are u going to do about mate”.

Alex said “Lay of guys, she is different, she is just my friend”.

Bob said “Then why did give her flowers, Alex, I think she is hiding something from you”.

Alex said “NO she isn’t, she is just a friend of mine, so back off bob”.

Bob said “Then if she was your friend, then what is her name?

Alex said “I don’t know she never told me, but she is saving it from me to hide something, your right bob”.

Rosella said “Hey, I’m not hiding anything and you can prove it, he isn’t my boyfriend it is my friend and I don’t think he feels the same about me in that way”.

Bob said “Then why aren’t telling him your name, if you love him?

Rosella said “I don’t want to break his heart twice”.

Alex said “What are u talking about, who are u?

Rosella said “Fine, you don’t know who I’m Alex, here is this clear to you”.

I took of my hat and throw it on the ground and ran away crying to the leader of the army’s tent to collect my pay and leave this base camp.

Rosella said “I want to collect my pay early to leave first thing in the morning, if that would be possible”.

Leader of the army said “Yes, here is your pay and I hoped that these men didn’t do anything armful to you, while you stayed and I like to present you with this medal of honour for helping our men, face there fears and overcome the baddest war and coldest months, this metal is the highest ranking and your certificate of degree in nursing, thanks and good luck to you in this field of medicals and history”.

Rosella said “Would it possible if I left a note for someone in this camp?

Leader of the army said “Yes, what would you like me to write?

Rosella said “I want you to put my name at the top and say, dear Alex, I came here looking for something I thought wasn’t true, but you proved it to me tonight when you didn’t even know I was, I gave you shelter and food while you got out, I loved you, but don’t you feel the same way about me, I left to find you and meet you face to face again and this is no paradise for a girl who loves to dance, you not only broke my heart, you embarrassed me in front of the rest, but because you like war fare I’m leaving and catching the train back to where our love first began, hope that changes your mind and P.s I never want to see you again, I’m leaving good bye, I’m leaving for a fresh start and maybe you should to, your brother was so right about.

From Rosella.

I left, to the camp, Alex tried to stop me, I just gave him death stares, I mean I was so angry I wanted to explode, I went to the nearest train station and court the train back to where on the other side, my mum waited for me, I rushed out gave her a hug and I left back to where I meet him to the church where I pray it was the beginning of this message I called Alex and he ruin my life, this is just the beginning for me, first thing in the morning I was leaving for a trip with my mother.