Chapter fourteen:

Rosella said “I was about to tell you, when I got rudely interrupted by the phone call, please don’t make this hard on me”.

Alex said “You’re the one that made it hard on me; I don’t want to live with someone that is constantly keeping secrets, so I’m asking you to leave”.

Rosella said “Whatever Alex I don’t need this house or you, so goodbye and don’t even think about visiting me, because when you get back I won’t be here”.

He tried to grab my arm, as if he was saying sorry, I forced his arm down towards his legs and I walked off, I tried not to angry and to only think about my child not him, I got in my car and drove off to my house and I pulled into the drive way and my mother was standing there just looking at me and she had an angry face on, I guess she knows about it too.

Rosella said “Mum, what are u doing here?

Mum said “Don’t mum me rosella, I know what happened and should’ve done better than that”.

Rosella said “What are u talking about?

Mum said “Don’t think I don’t know that you are pregnant dear and it’s nothing to be afraid off, he won’t be there for you, but I will that is what mothers are for”.

Rosella said “You will be there through the whole nine months, thanks, but I miss one thing at a time”.

Mum said “Dear, you won’t need him, you just need me and I will help you along the way”.

I felt happy and I don’t care about Alex, but I had to focus, I found the house I wanted in the end and this is where I was going to raise the child now, with just me and my mother.

My home phone rang; I unplugged it from the wall and through it in the lake behind my house and then closed the scene and came inside.

Letters started to arrive, but all from Alex, I read them and then afterwards tore them in half and through them in the fire place and the fire let out the burnt paper ashes, that went up to the chimney and into the sky.

1 week passed and the letters still kept coming, I want to keep one, but my mother through them all in the fire expect for one that she hand it over to me and I kept it close to my heart.

Sent: To Rosella;

I never got the chance to say sorry, I can’t see the light when I should’ve, I want to be there with you, but it is too late, I don’t even know where to begin, I want to express my love for you, but I can’t it is trapped behind the ashed cloud above my house, I will see you around some time.

From Alex.