Stubby Fingers

"Go on. Try it out", we urge Kili. "Fine I'll try." I smile and  turn to Thorin. He smiles and chuckles. I look over towards my brother. He's doing a good job fulfilling Fili's dare. "I hope he can pull it off," I say uncertainly. "He will I'm sure. I've showed him it myself."

I carry on watching as Kili convinces Tauriel to allow him to braid her hair. We watch him try. Only Fili, Thorin and I can do it. We almost mistook him for an elf because he couldn't grow his beard to braid it!

"Tadaa!" Kili shouts triumphantly. "I call this the dwarven braid by yours truly." Literally. "You call that style? That's nothing compared to what I can do!" A voice shouts. We turn to see the voice who insulted my brother. It was the stupid elf by the name of Legolas.

"Ugh. Its this guy again", I say to Thorin. "He's always here when we do something fun. Maybe Thranduil sends him to check on us." I shrug. "Well shut up and show us if you can do better!" I yell. "It would be my pleasure." We watch as he braids Tauriel's hair. "There. This is the elven blossom braid. Its elegant and intricate. Something that your stubby dwarf fingers aren't capable of doing!"

Well that just sort of spoilt my mood because the next thing I know I'm on top of Legolas wrestling him. "You- insult - my brother... I'll kill you!" "(Y/n)! Get off this fool of an elf and get here NOW!" Yells Thorin in ancient dwarfish. I stop and get off him. Legolas has a face of relief as I move away. He stands up. I turn to him and punch him.

"She is beauty, she is grace, she will punch you in the face !" Chants Kili happily. Fili joins in. I don't know when he arrived but he's here. I bow and blow a kiss to my lovely brothers. Thorin is on the floor laughing his guts out while Gandalf chuckles silently. Really now they decide to come? Thranduil looks at Legolas with a "You weren't supposed to be bullied by a dwarf girl!" face. Ha! That'll teach them.

We have a fun night laughing at how I punched Lego. Tauriel wears the dwarven braid as a way to um... rub in his defeat. Fili and Kili have fun by braiding my (h/c) hair. What a lovely midsummer's eve!